Soft & Moist Chocolate Chip Muffins are perfect when you need a sweet and simple breakfast to take with you on the go each morning. They are sweet enough to satisfy any chocolate cravings, and they will keep you feeling full until lunch.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Do you need something delicious yet simple to take with you while you are on the go? If you need a quick breakfast, these Chocolate Chip Muffins are perfect for you. They have a fresh taste that makes them even better than the muffins you could get at the store. It is not difficult to make these muffins from scratch, and once you do, you will not regret it.
How to Make the Chocolate Chip Muffins
Before getting started, gather your ingredients. Set your oven to 375 degrees F and place muffin liners in your muffin pan.
Grab a bowl and combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, you combine your wet ingredients, including your eggs, vanilla, milk, and sour cream.
Fold your dry ingredients right into the bowl with your wet ingredients and mix well.
Grab a smaller bowl and toss your chocolate chips with a bit of flour before folding them into the batter.
Use an ice cream scoop to easily scoop the batter from the mixing bowl and add an equal amount of batter to each muffin liner.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove them from the oven and set them on a wire rack to cool.
Can I Use Any Chocolate Chips?
This Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe calls for mini chocolate chips. You can use any mini chocolate chips that you would like, such as milk chocolate, semisweet chocolate, or even white chocolate. You can even use a combination of different mini chocolate chip flavors to create the perfect taste.
How Long Does It Take to Make the Muffins?
It only takes about 20 minutes for the muffins to bake in the oven. You will likely only spend about five minutes preparing your ingredients and pouring your batter into the muffin liners. Overall, you can have these muffins ready in about 30-45 minutes.
How Can I Store Them?
Allow your muffins to cool for a bit before you attempt to store them. You can place them in a large food storage container, setting them side-by-side. If you need to put the muffins on top of one another, use parchment paper to separate them and keep them from sticking.
If you do not have a container for your muffins, you can put them in a large freezer bag, sealing them shut. You can leave the muffins on your kitchen table for up to three days or leave them in the fridge for about five days.
What Can I Eat on My Muffins?
You can eat these muffins plain or add some flavorful toppings to them. Slice a muffin in half and add butter, honey, or whipped cream cheese on top. These three toppings are just some of the options you have when eating your homemade Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners and keep it aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients together; flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl combine the wet ingredients; whisk the melted butter and sugar.
- Crack the eggs and combine with the wet ingredients. Add in the vanilla, sour cream, and milk.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- In a small bowl with a teaspoon of flour coat the chocolate chips and toss it. Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- With the help of an ice cream scooper; scoop the batter equally into 12 muffin liners. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place the muffins on a wire rack and serve them once cool down.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.