Enjoy a fresh, light, and flavorful meal with this Creamy Lemon Garlic Parmesan Salmon recipe. It is the perfect way to prepare salmon without drying it out. This dish is full of flavor and tastes great with roasted vegetables or pasta on the side.
Salmon is the ideal type of fish to prepare for lunch or dinner because it contains omega-3 fatty acids and is genuinely good for the body. If you like salmon, but you are not exactly sure how you would like to prepare it, try this Creamy Garlic Parmesan Salmon recipe. The creamy garlic adds extra flavor to the salmon while keeping it moist instead of dry.
It is always good to keep salmon moist instead of drying it out because it can lose some of its naturally delicious flavors when it becomes too dry. When you want to make an impressive meal for the family that is different from what you would normally do when preparing salmon, try the Creamy Garlic Parmesan Salmon because it is just that good.
What You’ll Need to Make Creamy Garlic Parmesan Salmon
Making this Creamy Garlic Parmesan Salmon is simple if you have the following ingredients ready to use:
Olive Oil – You will need olive oil to cook your seasoned salmon in a frying pan on the stovetop.
Butter – Placing salmon on top of the butter gets it to melt right away, leaving the salmon with a buttery texture.
Salmon Filets – Get your salmon filets to prepare the Creamy Garlic Parmesan Salmon. You can find many pre-sliced filets available.
Minced Garlic – Use freshly minced garlic in this recipe to get that savory garlic flavor.
Heavy Cream – You will need heavy cream to create the creamy consistency for your salmon. Use any brand that you would like.
Italian Seasoning – The Italian seasoning is the perfect seasoning to add to a garlic-flavored salmon. The herb is light yet delicious and enhances the flavor of the dish.
Parmesan Cheese – Add parmesan cheese to the salmon to give it both a creamy and cheesy taste.
Do not forget to add some salt and pepper to taste!
How to Make the Creamy Garlic Parmesan Salmon
It is relatively easy to make the Creamy Garlic Parmesan Salmon. Start by lightly seasoning it with salt and pepper. You can add as much or as little of it as you would like to. Heat some oil in a skillet and cook your salmon for around three minutes per side. You do not need to cook it all the way because it will continue to cook while sitting in the pan.
Take the salmon from the pan, add butter, onion, and garlic to the pan, and begin sauteing. Pour your heavy cream, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese into the pan, and then place your salmon back in the pan. Make sure to put sauce on top of the salmon and allow the ingredients to mix to create the most delicious salmon you have ever tasted.
Variations of the Creamy Garlic Parmesan Salmon
You can prepare different variations of the Creamy Garlic Parmesan Salmon, depending on your preferences. For example, you can add sliced green peppers into the pan with the onions and garlic. You might want to sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top of the salmon to give it an even cheesier taste. If you would like to make it spicy, you can add a bit of cayenne pepper to your salmon.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Salmon
- 6 salmon fillets 4-5 ounces each (skin can be off or on)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream half and half
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning or oregano
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet or pan. Add salmon to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. The salmon should not be cooked all the way through.
- Remove salmon from the pan and add 1 tablespoon butter to the pan. Add the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes or until golden and soft, add garlic; stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the heavy cream or half & half, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and simmer for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and return the salmon to the pan. It will continue to cook from the residual heat.
- Spoon sauce over the salmon, finish with a drizzle of lemon if desired. Serve with pasta or veggies.