Chicken cooked in a creamy garlic parmesan and sun-dried tomato sauce all in one pan in under 30 minutes. Serve with zucchini noodles, veggies or a salad for a low-carb protein packed lunch or dinner!
A few years ago I shared my favorite garlic parmesan chicken and today I’m sharing this sun-dried tomato version of it. Sun-dried tomato, garlic, and parmesan make the BEST cream sauce and with the addition of skillet grilled chicken, you’ve got yourself a dish that is to die for!
The trick to making this chicken super flavorful is using lots of garlic. I usually opt in for at least 3-4 cloves but if you’re not a fan of garlic I suggest using at least 2 cloves. For the base, I like to use heavy cream (great keto option) but half & half or substituting half the heavy cream with chicken broth or water will also work. I also like to add in a cup or two or baby spinach to the sauce for some added color and texture but that’s completely optional.
To serve: You can add 2-3 cups of cooked pasta into the saucepan and mix it through with the sauce for a complete “one pan” meal or serve the chicken on top of the pasta.
For low carb or keto: Steam zucchini noodles in the microwave for 2 minutes on high and serve the chicken on the zucchini noodles. You can also serve the chicken with a side of steamed vegetables or greens.
Watch Recipe Video:
Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Chicken
- 4-6 (about 6 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded thin
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons Butter or olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1-2 cups chopped spinach optional
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream see note for lighter option*
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Pound the chicken thin using a rolling pin or cut horizontally in half to about ½ inch thickness and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, and add chicken and sear on both sides for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat and remaining 1 tablespoon butter to the same pan. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds or until garlic begins to brown; Add sundried tomatoes, spinach, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and mix through.
- Return chicken to the pan and simmer for another minute and remove from heat. Serve immediately with pasta, zucchini noodles, steamed vegetables, salad or rice.