A creamy chicken casserole loaded with Nacho Chips and lots of cheese! Today I bring you the ultimate Doritos chicken casserole. If you’re a fan of Doritos or any nacho chips then your going to love this casserole! This Doritos chicken casserole is packed with a creamy chicken filling, Doritos, and lots of cheese!
Aside from cooking the chicken, this casserole is super easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time. You will need some shredded chicken so if you have leftover chicken in the fridge, than this is the perfect way to use it up. If you don’t have pre-cooked chicken on hand, rotisserie chicken or any other type of pre-cooked chicken works perfectly.
Once the casserole is done baking, top it with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, or any of your favorite taco toppings! We find eating it warm with cold toppings and some more Doritos on the side works best! 🙂You can also try this casserole with ranch or spicy nacho chips and make it your own!
- 11 ounces Nacho Cheese Chips any brand
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa or 1 can Ro*Tel tomatoes and chiles
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces grated cheddar
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
In a large bowl combine the shredded chicken, sour cream, salsa, cream of chicken soup, half the cheese and taco seasoning.
- Crush the nacho chips and add half of the to the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Top with the chicken mixture. Add the remaining chips to nacho chips on the chicken layer and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minute or until the cheese is bubbly. Serve with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, or avocados.
Can you make this with Cool Ranch instead?
Tina McLin says