Create a chocolate lover’s favorite treat with this recipe for the Ultimate Double Chocolate Chip Muffins. These tasty muffins are packed with chocolate inside and out and make perfect for breakfast or a snack!
What Are Double Chocolate Chip Muffins?
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins are chocolate muffins container extra chocolate chip pieces to provide a decadent treat that you can eat for breakfast or a snack. These muffins consist of flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and a few other essential ingredients.
How Do You Make Double Chocolate Chip Muffins?
If you are going to make these Double Chocolate Chip Muffins, start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F. Grab a muffin pan and place a cupcake liner in each slot before setting it off to the side.
Grab a bowl and combine all your dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients. You will whisk your egg with sugar for a minute before adding in your vanilla and buttermilk.
Fold your dry ingredients into the wet ones just until fully incorporated and lump-free.
Grab a separate small bowl and put your chocolate chunks into the bowl. Coat the chocolate chunks with a bit of flour and then fold them into the batter.
Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out an equal amount of batter to put into each slot of the cupcake pan. Put your pan in the oven and bake these muffins for up to 22 minutes.
Check the center with a toothpick to make sure the muffins are done before you remove them. Set your muffins on a wire rack, let them cool down for several minutes, and serve!
What to Eat on Your Muffins
Slice your muffin in half and add some of your favorite toppings to it. These muffins will taste great with a bit of butter or margarine spread on them. You might also want to add a drizzle of honey to your muffins for an added sweet touch.
Can I Use Chocolate Morsels Instead of Chunks?
If you only have chocolate morsels at home, you can use those morsels instead of chunks. While the chunks are a great addition to the batter because of their size, chocolate chip morsels will still work well enough.
Can I Use Any Type of Chocolate Chunks?
Although this recipe calls for traditional chocolate chunks, you can switch it up to create unique flavors for your muffins. For example, you may want to use a combination of chocolate and peanut butter chunks or mint chocolate chunks. Use what you like and what you believe will taste best when added to the muffin batter.
How to Save Your Muffins
Store your muffins in a large food storage container. If you need to place some muffins on top of one another, be sure to use a sheet of parchment paper to separate them to keep them from sticking. Cover the muffins with a lid, plastic wrap, or aluminum foil. You can leave the muffins on the counter for up to two days. Save them for a week by putting them in the fridge. You can freeze the muffins for six
The BEST Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners and keep it aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients together; flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl combine the wet ingredients; whisk the egg and sugar until light. Add in the vanilla and buttermilk whisk until combined.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- In a small bowl with a teaspoon of flour coat the chocolate chunks and toss it. Fold the chocolate chunks into the batter.
- With the help of an ice cream scooper; scoop the batter equally into 12 muffin liners. Bake them for 18-22 minutes until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Place the muffins on a wire rack and serve them once cool down.