Loaded with chicken, garlic, and a creamy lemon sauce, this creamy lemon chicken pasta is made in just one pan in under 30 minutes! It’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners and will become a family favorite.
One of my favorite combos EVER is lemon and chicken. Well, pretty much lemon and anything! Lemon goes well with sweet and savory dishes and has a special flavor that lightens up and lifts savory dishes.
The lemon sure does not disappoint in this lemon chicken pasta dish either. It’s creamy, hearty, bright, and satisfying. Plus, making this pasta is so easy because it’s all cooked in one pan for easy clean-up. NO PRE-BOILING. NO DRAINING. Just one dish to clean, no mess, and no headache. How much easier can it get!
What you will need:
To make this delicious pasta you will need
- chicken breasts
- heavy cream
How to Make Lemon Chicken Pasta
To make this creamy one-pot lemon chicken pasta you will need to saute the chicken along with onions and garlic until golden brown, then add your water or stock.
Bring that to a boil and once it’s almost cooked add your cream, fresh lemon juice, and lemon zest and you’re done!
Top the pasta off with some fresh parmesan cheese and call it a day. I hope you enjoy the ease and flavors of this recipe as much as we did! 🙂
More Delicious Chicken Pasta Dishes
- Creamy Garlic Tomato Chicken Pasta
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Pesto Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
- 15 Minute Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Fajita Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Pasta
Easy One Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 1 small onion, diced about 1/2 cup
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced or pressed
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 3 cups water or chicken broth
- 12 oz Box Pasta I used penne, but you can Spaghetti, Elbows, Linguine or Rotini or your favorite shape
- Zest of a lemon about 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice from the same lemon
- 1/2 cup light or heavy cream
- Heat the olive oil in a large 10-12” pan. Add the diced onions and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender, add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds; add the diced chicken and spices and cook for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Next add the pasta and water or chicken broth and cook for 8-12 minutes or until pasta is al-dente. Lastly, add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and cream. Mix well and cook for another minute then remove from heat, while leaving the pasta still wet.
- Top with fresh lemons, basil, or parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Made this meal several times and it never fails to impress! Love this dish
Claire day says
This will be ideal for me to make after work for my family
web design company in Qatar says
Very tasty and just a hint of lemon once in awhile.
Delicious!!! Love the lemon garlicky flavour. Will become family favourite!
This was edible, and I didn’t toss it out or anything, but I don’t understand why it’s so highly rated. The sauce doesn’t really reduce down to a sauce (there’s no thickening agent so… duh) and the flavor is bland. This is crappy enough that I went to the trouble to leave a review because I don’t want other people to think this is going to be good.
I almost didn’t make this recipe because of this review, but I’m so glad I did make it. It was very flavourful and the sauce thickened nicely due to the starch in the pasta that was released by cooking everything in one pan. If yours didn’t thicken it’s probably because you cooked the pasta separately.
Can you use greek yogurt instead of heavy cream???
Yes you can use greek yogurt or sour-cream or half and half.
I’m assuming this pronto pasta is a fast cooker. Can I use regular penne pasta? Thanks.
Yes, you can.
Sarah @Whole and Heavenly Oven says
You just can’t beat a comforting one-pot meal! This pasta looks SO ultra-creamy and cozy, Layla! Lemon and chicken have got to be one of my all-time fav combos too. 🙂
Thanks Sarah! 🙂