Eggs, cheese and veggies baked on a Simply Potatoes® Hash Browns crust. This tasty twist on pizza is sure to brighten up your breakfast or brunch.
What better way to wake up than to a breakfast pizza loaded with hash browns, eggs, and cheese. Breakfast pizza is a great crowd pleasing breakfast that can be customized to fit the needs of everyone in your family.
Every slice of pizza is packed full of protein and makes a great filling breakfast. Any leftovers can be tightly wrapped up in plastic wrap and frozen for up to 4 weeks for an easy recipe to go.
What takes this pizza to another level is the hash brown crust. It’s crispy, tasty and holds up the eggs and cheese very well. We like to use Simply Potatoes® Hash Browns because they are made with real ingredients and with fresh never frozen potatoes. They also make it easy to prep this recipe in less time and require no shredding or peeling.
For this pizza I used their O’Brien hash browns because they have onion, red and green bell peppers shredded in the mix. The sweetness of the red peppers adds a great flavor to the pizza. You can also use their Southwest style hash browns which include jalapeno peppers and spices along with the onion, red and green bell peppers. Their regular hash browns make a great pizza too! It all depends on what you’re in the mood for and what variety you are able to find at your local supermarket.
For the crust I use a bag of hash browns, 1/2 cup shredded cheese and 2 small or 1 large eggs. I like to top my breakfast pizza with veggies or spinach but sausage or turkey bacon are also excellent choices. I used 5 small eggs for a pretty large pizza but 4 large eggs will also be enough!
The crust is first baked for 20 minutes until it’s golden and crispy. This is done first so it holds up well because the eggs and topping don’t take as long to bake. After adding your toppings, bake for another 12-15 minutes or until the egg whites are hard and the cheese is melted.
Hash Brown Crust Breakfast Pizza + Giveaway!Print Rate
- For the hash brown crust:
- 1 bag 20 oz Simply Potatoes® Hash Browns any variety
- 2 small eggs or 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- For topping:
- 4-5 eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers or sausage, bacon
- 1/8 cup diced onion optional
- Pre-heat oven to 425F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, foil or a cookie sheet. Lightly grease with oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, egg (s), and cheese until completely mixed. Pour mixture onto greased baking sheet and shape into a circle or oval. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the toppings. Remove crust from oven and top with cheese, eggs, and veggies. Return to bake for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are done to desired consistency. Cool for 5 minutes. slice and serve hot.
Simply Potatoes® and I have teamed up for another giveaway! We are giving one lucky reader the chance to win a Le Creuset Stoneware Square Dish, 9.5-Inch, White ($49.95)
To enter: please follow the prompts on the giveaway bow below. (note: please give the giveaway box a minute to load if it doesn’t show up.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes®. The opinions and text are all mine.