Spice up your meal prep routine with these healthy veggie-packed chicken fried rice meal prep bowls. They come together in under 30 minutes in just one pan and are full of flavor!
Fried rice was my favorite Chinese dish growing up and now as an adult, it’s still one of my top 3 picks. Today we’re making a healthier version of this classic by using brown rice and adding lots of veggies and chicken for a protein-packed lunch that will keep you going all week long!
To being, you will need cooked rice. We like to use brown rice but white rice or quinoa will also work. If you are on a low carb or keto diet, consider using cauliflower fried rice. For the veggies, frozen carrots, and peas work perfectly for this dish.
The next step is to simple stir-fry the chicken and veggies until cooked through and tender and then add the cooked rice and soy sauce. Serve warm or divide into meal prep containers and drizzle with sriracha for a spicy kick. Enjoy for up to 4 days in the fridge or freeze for up to 2 months!
Healthy Chicken and Veggie Fried Rice Meal Prep
- 2 tbsp olive oil or sesame or oil of choice
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 red or green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot blend
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Add in chicken and season generously with salt and pepper; cook until chicken is just cooked.
- Add onion, bell pepper, carrots, peas, and garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add rice and soy sauce and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool for 5 minutes then divide into 4 meal prep containers and drizzle with sriracha if desired. Allow rice to cool before refrigerating or freezing. To reheat, microwave on medium-high for 2 minutes or until steaming.
Leave a Reply