Forget the beef and try these Instant Pot Chicken Tacos. Not only are they easy to make within minutes using the Instant Pot, but they’re also the most flavorful tacos you’ll ever have. This is the perfect recipe to use for your family’s next taco night!
Who doesn’t love tacos? I’m a massive fan of all different types of tacos, but these are definitely my favorite for a few good reasons. The Instant Pot Chicken Tacos require minimal effort to make. I’m a fan of anything that tastes good and doesn’t take too long to prepare.
You don’t need to do too much other than adding the right ingredients to the Instant Pot and letting it work its magic to help you prepare a meal that is sure to be a huge hit with your entire family.
What You’ll Need to Prepare the Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
You won’t need too many ingredients to make the Instant Pot Chicken Tacos. Some of the essential ingredients to get for this recipe include:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast to add to the instant pot with the right seasonings. You’ll only need about four chicken breasts to prepare enough meat for a family of four or five to have several tacos.
- Chicken broth to add to the chicken to prevent it from getting too dry. You want to keep it moist and fresh so that your tacos taste their best.
- Taco seasoning to give your chicken that Mexican-style flavor. You can purchase your favorite brand of taco seasoning or prepare your taco seasoning using a blend of ingredients.
- Salsa to add to the Instant Pot as a finishing touch. It blends perfectly with the taco seasoning, chicken, and chicken broth to create something so tasty.
With these ingredients, you can quickly prepare the Instant Pot Chicken Tacos. If you do not have chicken broth available, it’s fine to use water as an alternative.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Making the Instant Pot Chicken Tacos is simple and stress-free. Add the salsa, taco seasoning, and chicken broth to the Instant Pot, give it a good mix and then toss in your chicken breasts.
You can then set the Instant Pot on high pressure and allow it to cook for about 15 minutes.
Once 15 minutes have passed, release the pressure on your Instant Pot, open the lid, and begin shredding with a fork. If you want to shred even faster, use a hand mixer to shred your chicken into tiny pieces.
Toppings to Use With the Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
There are so many great toppings to put on your chicken when serving these Instant Pot Chicken Tacos. I like to have separate bowls full of our favorite toppings, including shredded cheese, pico de gallo, avocado slices, sour cream, and cilantro.
You might also want to add guacamole if you prefer that over avocado slices. When it comes to shredded cheese, use your favorite. I like to shred a block of sharp cheddar cheese down and put it on these tacos, but you can use a Mexican blend or any other cheese that you like eating on your tacos.
Instant Pot Chicken tacos
- Add the salsa, chicken broth, taco seasoning, and oil to the instant pot and give it a quick stir to combine. Add the chicken breasts to the instant pot and cook on manual high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When the time is done, use the quick release option to release the pressure. You can also allow it to release naturally if desired. Shred chicken with two forks or shred with an electric mixer and give it a stir to combine.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.