Learn how to easily and quickly make light and fluffy mashed potatoes right in your Instant Pot in under 20 minutes! They are the perfect side to have with some of your favorite entrees, including chicken, salmon, and turkey.
When you want to make the perfect side dish to serve with meat or seafood and veggies, the Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes are both delicious and easy to make. You can prepare these mashed potatoes in less than 20 minutes using russet potatoes with several other ingredients, including cream cheese, sour cream, and butter.
These potatoes will melt in your mouth and go great with some of your favorite foods. If you are tired of eating mashed potatoes from a box and want a simple way to make them from scratch, follow this recipe because it will not disappoint you!
What You’ll Need to Prepare the Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
You should have the following ingredients to prepare your Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
- Russet Potatoes. Grab two pounds of the russet potatoes to make these flavorful mashed potatoes.
- Unsalted Butter. Adding butter gets these potatoes a bit creamier and gives them such a great taste.
- Garlic Cloves. Use fresh garlic when preparing the mashed potatoes.
- Cream Cheese. Although you might think it makes the dish cheesier, it merely keeps the potatoes soft and fluffy, making them taste even better.
- Sour Cream. Much like the cream cheese, the sour cream adds to the consistency, making them soft and creamy.
You would also need just a few other ingredients to prepare the Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes, such as water, salt, and chives. Make sure to chop the chives before adding them to the dish.
How to Make the Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes With Ease
It does not require much effort to make these tasty Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes. You would start by washing your potatoes, peeling off the skin, cutting them into thick pieces, and adding them into the Instant Pot.
Add the garlic, a tablespoon of butter, salt, and water into the Instant Pot and place the lid on top.
Place the knob on the sealing position, cook for eight minutes on the high-pressure setting, and then release the pressure by changing the setting to vent.
Add in your extra butter, sour cream, and cream cheese. Toss the chopped chives on top of the potatoes. It is that simple!
Variations of the Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes to Try
The Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes are relatively easy to make, but you can also create different variations of these potatoes if you want! You can add bacon bits or shredded cheese into the potatoes when adding your sour cream and cream cheese into the Instant Pot.
If you would like to make the potatoes a bit spicy, you can toss in some black pepper or cayenne pepper. Instead of using water, you can use chicken broth to add even more flavor to these homemade mashed potatoes. No matter which adjustments you might make, you can prepare the most flavorful side dish in no time using the Instant Pot.
More Delicious Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Wash and peel the skin of potatoes, cut into thick slices, and add it to the instant pot.
- Add the garlic, tablespoon of butter, salt, and water to the instant pot and cover with the lid, and secure the pressure valve knob to the “sealing“ position.
- Cook the potatoes for 8 minutes on “high” pressure. Once the cycle is complete, releasing the remaining pressure immediately by turning the pressure valve knob to the “vent” position.
- Use the potato masher to mash the potato to smooth.
- Stir in the remaining butter, sour cream, and cream cheese. The potatoes will be hot and everything will come together to smooth and creamy.
- Finally, add the chives and serve the mashed potatoes with a teaspoon of butter on top.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.