Learn how to make this delicious creamy cheesecake with a buttery graham cracker crust right in your Instant Pot! The Instant Pot is a total game-changer and makes it easier for you to create different variations of creamy, wholesome cheesecake in no time.
Have you always been a fan of cheesecake? If it is a dessert that you enjoy and like to make, this Instant Pot Cheesecake recipe is meant for you. While the traditional process of preparing a cheesecake takes more time and effort, you can use the Instant Pot to prepare this delicious dessert with a few important ingredients.
The cheesecake will melt in your mouth with every forkful. You can make this dessert to eat with your family after dinner or prepare it to bring it to a special event to share with others who will love it just as much as you.
What You’ll Need to Make the Instant Pot Cheesecake
Grab your ingredients to get started. You will need ingredients to make the cheesecake, the crust, and the perfect topping to add on top.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs. The graham cracker crumbs make the perfect sweet and crunchy crust when mixed with sugar and butter.
- Sugar. Use sugar to add sweetness to your homemade crust.
- Butter. The butter blends the graham cracker crumbs and sugar to form a perfect crust.
- Cream Cheese. Use cream cheese after letting it sit out until it is at room temperature. You can use your favorite brand of cream cheese.
- Sugar. You will need to mix sugar into the bowl with your cream cheese to create a sweeter taste.
- Vanilla Extract. The hint of vanilla extract makes the cheesecake taste even more flavorful.
- Sour Cream. The sour cream helps with the texture and improves the flavor of the cheesecake.
When preparing the cheesecake, you will also need flour, eggs, lemon zest, and a pinch of salt. When preparing the topping for your cheesecake, you will need heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and mixed berries.
How to Make the Instant Pot Cheesecake
When you are ready to prepare the Instant Pot Cheesecake, start by setting up the Instant Pot. You will need to use aluminum foil to create a sling that you can put inside the pot.
Grab a springform cake pan, grease it, and place it next to your Instant Pot. In the meantime, start working on the crust. You will mix the graham cracker crumbs with sugar and butter. Mash the mixture together with a fork and then place it into the bottom of the springform cake pan.
Place your pan in the freezer and begin working on the cheesecake. You will beat your cream cheese with a blender and then start adding the sugar to it. When you notice the cream cheese is cream, you can toss in the sour cream, flour, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, and salt.
Pour your cheesecake batter into the pan, put the pan on top of the foil sling, and then seal your Instant Pot. Cook on manual for 28 minutes.
While cooking the cheesecake, work on mixing the ingredients for your topping to add to it when done. Make sure the cheesecake has completely cooled before adding the whipped cream to it or else it will melt.
Top it with your favorite cheesecake toppings or this delicious vanilla whipped cream with berries on top.
Tasty Variations of the Instant Pot Cheesecake
If you follow this Instant Pot Cheesecake, you will have a sweet, fruity topping. However, you can always switch up the toppings. Caramel drizzle, chocolate drizzle, mini chocolate chip morsels, strawberry glaze, and crushed pineapples are just a few of the other toppings you can add to your cheesecake.
More Delicious Cheesecake to Try
Instant Pot Cheesecake
For the crust
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the cheescake
- 16 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 tsp flour
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Salt, a pinch
For the topping
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mixed berries (strawberries and blueberries)
- Add a cup of water to the instant pot and place a trivet inside. Make a sling using aluminum foil and place it inside the instant pot. Grease a 7 inch springform cake pan on the sides and bottom and keep it aside.
- To make the crust; combine the graham crumbs, sugar, and butter. Use a fork to combine everything together.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased springform cake pan. Press firmly and spread the mixture evenly at the bottom of the pan and a little above the sides. Keep the pan in the freezer while the filling is being prepared.
- To a large mixing bowl; beat the cream cheese using a hand blender. Gradually add the sugar and beat until the cream cheese turns creamy.
- Add in the sour cream and flour. Combine the eggs one by one without over mixing the batter. Add the vanilla, lemon zest, and salt; give it a mix.
- Pour the batter over the prepared crust. With the help of the foil sling carefully place the cake pan inside the instant pot.
- Lock the instant pot with the lid and set the valve to the “sealing” position. Press “Manual/Pressure Cook” and set the time to 28 minutes and cook on HIGH pressure.
- Once the cycle is completed, allow the pressure to release naturally. Carefully lift the cake pan with the help of the sling and place it in a cooling rack to cool completely and then place it in the refrigerator.
- For the topping, in a bowl beat the whipped cream with a hand blender. Combine the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until the cream turns stiff peaks.
- Spread the whipped cream on top of the cheesecake and decorate it with fresh berries.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours and then slice the cheese cake to serve.