This post brought to you by Hershey’s®. All opinions are 100% mine.
Re-imagine your caramel with these moist and gooey caramel blondies. Seriously these caramel bars are a dream come true…
Last time I shared my candy lovers blondies they were a huge hit so this time I decided to share another delicious candy bar recipe.
When I found out Hershey’s® Lancaster wanted me to try out their caramel blondie bars recipe I was super excited to try it out because I know how good their caramels are.
I kinda fell in love with them after I found out that they are named after a county right here in Pennsylvania. It was so cool learning that Milton Hershey built the Lancaster Caramel Company in Lancaster, Pennsylvania in 1886.
These blondies are packed with with a ton of rich and creamy Lancaster caramels. You bite into one and it literally melts in your mouth. They are fairly easy to make and only require a few basic ingredients that you might already have in your pantry.
You basically whip up all the ingredients in a large bowl, add the caramel pieces and bake until the bars are slightly golden and the caramel is nice and gooey.
For thicker I used a 9×9 inch pan but if your aiming for thicker blondies I suggest using an 8×8 baking pan. Also, for a more gooey texture remove the blondies from the oven 5 minutes before the suggested baking time.
Lancaster Soft Cremes Caramel Blondie Bars
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with foil. Remove wrappers from caramel candies. Cut each caramel into halves. Toss caramel pieces with 1 tablespoon flour so that the pieces don't stick together.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together remaining 1-1/4 cups flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Spread one half (about 1 cup) of batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle caramel pieces and nuts over batter. Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over mixture. Gently spread batter to cover as much of the caramel pieces and nuts as possible.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 16 to 20 bars.
- Recipe Adapted from Lancaster
Don’t forget to use this coupon at your local CVS to save 0.75 cents off LANCASTER Soft Cr?mes