Who ever said steak can’t buy happiness?!
This steak sure can. For a few minutes at least, while you devour it..
If you’re looking for a quick and delicious recipe to make with those steaks you have on hand then you must try this super easy yet flavorful lemon garlic steak recipe. I used beef chuck blade steaks but any other cut works great.
This recipe is all about the lemon and garlic (okay.. and butter too..). Go ahead and dice up your garlic then rub it on the steak along with some salt, pepper, and paprika for a little extra kick.
Squeeze some of the lemon on the steak then pop it on a HOT heavy duty pan that’s already been coated with a tablespoon of butter and more garlic of course. Cook the steak no more than 2-3 minutes on each side on medium-high heat.
Tip: Remember to keep the heat high so it can seal in the moisture and give the outside of the steak a nice dark crispy crust.
- 4 1/2-inch-thick top chuck blade steaks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika optional
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-5 garlic gloves 2 diced and 3 whole for pan
- juice of 1 lemon
- Pat steaks dry and sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper, diced garlic and a squeeze of lemon.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter, olive oil and garlic in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, Add steaks then saute 2-3 minutes per side for medium. Squeeze more lemon juice on the steak right before removing from heat.
Transfer steaks with tongs to a plate and serve warm.