A healthy low-carb alternative to pizza. Zucchini topped with fresh garlic, herbs, marinara and mozzarella makes a perfect pizza without all the carbs and calories!
Pizza is a weak pleasure of mine. Ever since I started eating healthy, I’ve tossed pizza Fridays right out the window. Instead, I’ve been experimenting with a few healthier alternatives to pizza. You might recall the cauliflower or broccoli crusts pizzas or the popular rainbow cauliflower crust pizza. Well this zucchini pizza is another gem.
Zucchini pizza boats are great if you are on a paleo or low-carb diet or simply just trying to eat healthier. They’re very easy to make and come together in just a few minutes with minimal prep and effort. The video below shows just how easy these zucchini pizza boats are to make.
To began, simply slice your zucchini in halves and spread some butter, oil, and oregano on them. Top with marinara and mozzarella cheese and bake for 20 minutes and that’s pretty much it! They store well in the fridge and make a great snack, appetizer or meal. Enjoy!
- 4-5 medium zucchini halved lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano fresh or dry
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, olive oil. and oregano.
- Lay zucchini halves on pre-pared baking sheet and brush with garlic olive oil mixture. Top with about a 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce then with a generous drizzle of shredded mozzarella cheese. Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and almost golden. Remove from oven and serve warm. Eat with hands or use a fork and knife. Enjoy!
These look great but the placements of the ads is horrible. I tried clicking that I don’t want to sign up and I had to refresh the page after trying to X out. It kept clicking on the ad.
I’m sorry to hear that, Sarah. Are you on mobile or desktop and which ads are you referring to? video or display ads or the email opt-in?
Beth Myers says
10 carbs and 9 1/2 sugars is not low enough for me!!! They look tasty but not for serious low carb or diabetic diets.
I’m making these now, also using some yellow squash!
i enjoy some of these
I just love those cute pizza boats!!! I can’t believe it’s only takes 25 min. to make them. Thanks for sharing!!!
Cheryl O says
If someone is Keto, this recipe is 1/2 of their carbs for the entire day. I’m not sure what sauce you’re buying, however making your own would be a MUCH better option if you can’t find a lower sugar content. “Low carb” is deceptive description for this recipe.
Tabatha Floyd says
Raos marinara 2 or 3 total carbs
These boats look awesome- I’m all about those low carb meals 🙂