Your favorite Greek flavors to go. Healthy meal-prep bowls packed with brown rice, roasted chicken and veggies, pita and tzatziki sauce. If your following my meal-prep series than this is another great meal-prep recipe for you. These healthy Greek inspired meal-prep bowls come together in under 30 minutes with very little effort. They are packed with chicken, veggies, brown rice, pita and a healthy yogurt tzatziki sauce.
The chicken and veggies are coated with a flavorful Greek marinade then pan roasted for 20 minutes. While the veggies are baking, this delicious tzatziki is than prepared. It’s made with yogurt, cucumber, garlic and herbs. I like to place the tzatziki in small 4-oz portion cups so I can just pour the cold tzatziki on the chicken and veggies after heating.
After the chicken and veggies are done, they are divided into meal-prep bowls along with brown rice and pita bread. refrigerate for 4-5 days and enjoy a healthy flavorful protein packed lunch that will satisfy and save you money too!
- For the chicken and veggies
- 4 5oz chicken breasts, cut into small cubes (*see note below)
- 2 cups bell peppers any colors, cut into squares or slices
- 1 medium red onion cut into squares or slices
- 1 cup of zucchini broccoli, mushrooms grape tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- For the Tzatziki
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup cucumber with peel grated or minced
- 1 clove garlic minced or crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- You will also need:
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 whole wheat pitas
- 4 Meal-prep bowls
- To cook chicken and veggies: Pre-Heat oven to 450F. chicken and veggies on a large sheet pan to create a rainbow pattern. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Brush mixture onto chicken and veggies or toss chicken and veggies in mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are charred and chicken is tender.
- To make Tzatziki: Whisk all the ingredients for the tzatziki in a small bowl. Divide mixture into 4 (4 oz) portion size containers or into any small containers with lids or into snack size ziplock bags. covered in place in the fridge.
- To assemble: Place 1/2 cup of brown rice into each meal prep bowl. Divide chicken and veggies mixture into the 4 meal-prep bowls. Cut 2 whole wheat pitas into 8 slices each. Place 4 slices of pita into each bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 4-5 days. To re-heat, Remove pita and heat chicken and veggies for 2-3 minutes in the microwave. Pour cold tzatziki on chicken and enjoy!