Start your day off right with these nutrition packed high protein waffles. They’re so easy to make and all done in your blender and now you’ll be able to meal-prep them so you can start off your day right every day of the week. Waffles are seriously one of my favorite breakfast ever but because regular waffles are considered “unhealthy” I’ve managed to find a way to have my waffles and enjoy them too. They say Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and a high protein breakfast can help aid weight loss and boost energy levels.
These high protein waffles are low-in carbs, fat and high in protein so they’re the perfect balanced breakfast. Top them with berries and a few teaspoons of almond butter, Greek yogurt or real maple syrup and enjoy this tasty breakfast all week long!
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extra
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- For meal prepping, optional
- 1 cup berries
- 1/2 cup almond butter Greek yogurt or maple syrup
- Preheat a waffle iron and lightly coat it with a nonstick spray.
- Place oats, cottage cheese, eggs, honey, vanilla, and baking powder in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour 1/2 cup (more or less depending on your waffle iron) onto waffle iron and cook until waffle iron turns off. Repeat until all the batter is finished.
- To meal-prep: Divide waffles evenly into 4 meal prep containers. Add 1/4 cup of berries into each container along with a few teaspoons of almond butter, Greek yogurt or maple syrup.