I know I’m on a diet, but I can’t go more than a week without biting into a moist and gooey chocolate chip cookie. I usually make at least one batch of cookies a week because my family loves chocolate chip cookies; we always finished them the same day!
Today I decided to make these cappuccino chocolate chip cookies because they are so rich and flavorful! they have this deep cappuccino flavor and smell like the inside of a cafe. In a good way.. They are like beyond amazing!
For the cappuccino flavor I added a teaspoon of dry instant coffee. It dissolves into the batter right away; as soon as you mix it in you can smell the wonderful coffee flavor. The secret to making the cookies moist and gooey is adding 1 tablespoon of oil to give them the moist texture. Also, refrigerating the cookie dough prior to baking is a very important step; please do not skip it because the cookies will not hold as well!
Moist and Gooey Cappuccino chocolate Chip CookiesPrint Rate
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon oil Any type
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon INSTANT coffee dry
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, oil, and sugars until the mixture is fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, and salt and mix until combined. With a wooden spoon, mix in the baking soda, cornstarch, Coffee, and flour. Stir in chocolate chips and cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350
- After the dough has cooled in the fridge, form about 1 tablespoon of batter into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. For thicker cookies make sure the dough is nice and tall or you can stack two balls on-top of each other for extra thick cookies.
- Bake 7-9 minutes depending on the size of the cookies. Remove from the oven when the edges are slightly golden and the centers look just barely done. Allow the cookies to cool for at least 5 minutes before eating.