In order to celebrate the beautiful weather we’ve been blessed with the past few days, I decided to go ahead and enjoy the ride! After all, this is Philly and god knows how long this nice weather will last; I heard it will be snowing later this week! Snow in March.. Yikes!
Patty melts are an all time favorite of the my husband and I. There’s a little diner in Park Slope that makes the best melts ever; we would go there every weekend just to enjoy the beautiful atmosphere and order their melts of course. This melt is very similar to their melts but I added jalapeno and red peppers to give it a more intense taste. The caramelized jalapenos and red peppers give the classic melt an amazing kick of flavor that you have to taste to believe! This melt is super juicy and Cheesy.
To make this post more Juicy we are Giving away a Patio Bistro Electric Grill $200 value to a lucky reader! You’ll be able to enjoy all kinds of delicious sandwiches all summer long! Please scroll down for directions on how to enter! 🙂
- 1 Ib ground beef
- 4 slices rye bread or toast
- 1/2 cup onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red peppers sliced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and sliced
- 2 slices process American or Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter softened, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions, red peppers, and Jalapenos in 1 tablespoon butter for 3-5 minute until soft and tender. Remove from heat and keep aside covered in a bowl to keep warm.
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper and Shape into two oval patties and place in the same skillet, cook over medium=high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- Spread remaining butter over one side of each slice of bread and Place in the same skillet, buttered side down, place the cheese on the other side and toast until lightly browned. Layer the sandwich with one layer of bread and cheese, Onion mixture and another slice of bread.
Serve Warm Enjoy!
Patio Bistro Electric Grill $200 Value
To Enter: Leave a comment on this post answering the question: “What’s your favorite type of Burger or Melt”
Extra Entries: The following four opportunities below will earn one extra entry into the giveaway for each. You must leave separate comments for each one to ensure that they are counted as separate entries:
- Subscribe to Brunch Time Baker by Email. Come back and let me know you have subscribed in an additional comment.
- Follow Brunch Time Baker and on Pinterest and Pin this giveaway or recipe!
- Follow Brunch Time Baker on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway. Come back and let me know you’ve Tweeted in an additional comment.
- Become a fan of Brunch Time Baker on Facebook. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment.
Please Remember: Leave a separate comment for EACH of your entries or only one entry will be counted.
Deadline: Monday, March 31 11:59 p.m
Winner: The winner will be selected at random and will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to confirm receipt of the email. If the winner does not reply within 48 hours, another winner will be selected. The giveaway is only open to U.S. and Canadian Residents Only.