How good do these brownies look! ???? (btw, I just found out I can use emojis on my blog posts!!)
They are a combo of two of our favorite treats; Brownies and Peanut butter cookies. Come on people, does it really get any better than this? who would have thought to put peanut butter cookie batter in a moist brownie. It’s honestly one of the best combos EVER!
I don’t know how I made it while I was shooting the photos for these brownies, but it was a battle ????. I seriously had to hold myself back or I was going to eat up the whole pan! I quickly took the pics, wrapped up a few, and gave the rest to my neighbors. I’m that weak; especially when it comes to brownies and peanut butter cookies.
Peanut Butter Cookie Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup salted butter softened (or unsalted and 1/8 teaspoon salt)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Brownie Batter
- 1/3 cup 1 ounce cocoa (Dutch-processed recommended)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs plus 2 large yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Make peanut butter cookie dough. In a large mixing bowl, Cream the butter and sugars with an electric mixer or by hand. Add peanut butter egg and mix thoroughly. Add dry ingredients and mix until fully combine. Cover mixture with plastic wrap and set aside while you prepare the batter mixture.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees F. Line a 9x13 pan with aluminium foil or parchment paper. Set Aside.
- Make Brownie Batter. Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan. After it begins to boil turn off heat. whisk in cocoa powder and unsweetened chocolate and whisk until it had fully melted. Next whisk in the butter and oil. Add eggs, yolks and vanilla and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Gently whisk in sugar then flour and salt. Do not overmix batter.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; spread batter into corners of pan and smooth surface. Scoop peanut butter cookie dough batter onto the brownie batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes clean. Allow to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before attempting to cut. Cut into 36 brownies by cutting 4 lines lengthwise and 9 lines across.
I baked these delicious peanut butter cookie brownies in my new OXO brownie pan. OXO was generous enough to send me their special OXO brownie set which includes a Non-Stick Pro 9×13 Cake Pan, Brownie Spatula, Baker’s Dusting Wand.
The reason these products are so special is because each year during fall, OXO adds a little sticker to select baking items to help spread the word and raise money for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. A portion of the proceeds from each product sold with the sticker is donated to the cause.
- Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is a recognized 501c(3) public charity duly incorporated under the laws of the state of New Jersey. Your donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law. 100% of proceeds raised by Cookies for Kids’ Cancer fund pediatric cancer research.
- – OXO will be donating $100 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer for each blog post dedicated to this campaign in October (up to our $100,000 commitment*.)
- – *In 2015, OXO will donate up to $100,000 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer through product proceeds, bake sale matches and other fundraising efforts