Tasty Grilled pesto chicken, avocado, fresh mozzarella, and tomato dressed with pesto mayo and sandwiched in between two slices of Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread.
Pesto and chicken are a delicious combo and with the addition of avocado, tomato, and mozzarella, you’ve got yourself a sandwich that is out of this world. The creaminess of the pesto mayo along with the fresh tomatoes, creamy avocado, and grilled pesto chicken will make your mouth sing. It’s my husband favorite lunchtime sandwich and is probably one of the very few things he knows how to make.The chicken is first marinated in pesto and pan grilled until tender. The remaining pesto is used to make a creamy avocado mayo that can be lightened up with sour cream. I like to make a quick homemade pesto rather than using store-bought pesto but any type of pesto will work.
For the bread, I used Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread to make these delicious sandwiches. Sara Lee Artesano Bread is the ORIGINAL artisan-style sliced bread that the whole family loves. Its thick and soft slices make it a perfect addition to any sandwich and because it’s free of artificial colors, flavors, or high fructose corn syrup, it’s clearly a delicious balanced choice.
You can make the sandwich toasted or untoasted or serve it deli style with cold tomato and mozzarella. To serve the sandwiches toasted, simply melt a tablespoon of butter in a skillet and toast the sandwich after assembling.
Pesto Chicken and Avocado Sandwiches
For the Pesto Chicken
- 1/2 pound chicken breasts (1 large or 2 small) boneless skinless
- 1/2 cup pesto store-bought or homemade
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice
- 1/4 cup mayo or sour-cream
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 4 slices Sara Lee Artesano Bread
- 2 slices fresh mozzarella
- 1 avocado pitted and sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally. Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag. Pour in the pesto and oil. Seal the bag and shake it up until the marinade is combined and the chicken is well coated.Preheat an outdoor grill or a skillet over medium-high heat. Grill the chicken for 6-7 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayo and pesto to form a creamy sauce.
- To assemble: Spread 1-2 tablespoons of the pesto mayo on two slices of bread. Top with the sliced avocado, grilled chicken, a slice of tomato, and a slice of mozzarella.
- optional: To toast, Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a pan or skillet over medium heat. Place sandwich on melted butter and heat until toasted golden and cheese is melted.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sara Lee Bread. The opinions and text are all mine.
Leave a Reply