This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sargento® Cheese. All opinions are 100% mine.
Your favorite grilled cheese jazzed up. Adding pesto to the standard grilled cheese takes it to a whole new level! Pesto and Sargento® provolone melted between two buttery crusty slices of bread makes this the ultimate grilled cheese sandwich! OH grilled cheese how much I love thee. Since I don’t eat a lot of carbs, when I do, it has to worth it. And when I say worth it, I mean not looking back and regretting. This pesto grilled cheese is on my top list of totally worth it cheat meals. It’s so good I promise you’ll never look back.
This simple yet flavorful grilled cheese is all about two things:
PESTO and CHEESE.
Obviously, I like to use the best cheese possible to make grilled cheese because it’s all about the cheese. DUH! I like to use Sargento® Sliced Cheese for all my cheesy dishes because many of you might now know this, but pasteurized Process Cheese Food (PPCF) is only required to contain 51% real cheese; however, Sargento® Slices are always 100% real, natural cheese. No wonder Sargento®cheese melts and becomes so ooey gooey in my grilled cheese sandwiches!!
Most the american single cheese at your local supermarket only contain less than 51% real cheese so be sure to read the labels because why would you feed your family anything less than 100% real food? Let’s stick to the real stuff people. Enough said.
The next big ingredient in this sandwich is the pesto. You can used jarred pesto or fresh homemade pesto. I like to make a quick basil pesto by pulsing in the food processor; 1 cup of basil, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons pine or walnuts, 2 cloves garlic and salt + pepper. This mixture makes the most delicious pesto in minutes.
The Best Pesto Grilled CheesePrint Rate
- 2 slices of your favorite bread I like to use crusty sour-dough
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 slice Sargento® provolone cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of butter
- Spread the pesto on one side of the bread then Top with provolone. Close the sandwich and press firmly on the top.
- In a medium skillet, heat about 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-low heat until just melted.
- Place your sandwich in the skillet and spread remaining butter over top of the sandwich.
- Cook on each side for about 5-6 minutes on a low heat or until each side is a nice crispy golden brown.