Skip the coffee shop and make this incredible Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte at home. It comes together in minutes and tastes wonderful. Made with coffee, milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla.
There is nothing more rewarding than starting the day with a latte. I used to go to the coffee shops and order my overly priced drink and head on my way, but then it hit me…I can make my favorite coffee drink at home!
Not only can I skip the lines, but the flavor is insanely good. I found myself wondering why I went to the coffee shop so many times when I could have been making them at home for a fraction of the price.
Not to mention this is a Pumpkin Spice Latte, so it’s just in time for fall and all of those pumpkin cravings. Let’s take a look.
What You’ll Need To Make Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Brewed Coffee: I love the flavor of freshly brewed coffee in my latte, but once in a while, I will use a couple of shots of espresso. Both work well.
- Milk: You can use any kind of milk that you enjoy. Dairy or non-dairy both are great options.
- Pumpkin: Either fresh pumpkin or canned pumpkin puree will work. You will be hit with a fantastic pumpkin flavor in each sip.
- Maple Syrup: Oh my goodness, the addition of adding maple syrup takes these lattes to the next level. You can also use sugar if you’d rather.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: I will never grow tired of the pumpkin pie spice’s flavor in my homemade lattes.
- Vanilla: It’s amazing how much a dash of vanilla enhances the flavors.
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Latte
After you make your first pumpkin spice latte at home, you will be wondering why you haven’t tried it sooner. The steps are so easy.
Begin by brewing the coffee. Then combine the milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and pumpkin spice in a small saucepan. Heat it over medium heat and whisk until bubbles begin to form around the edges.
There are two methods for finishing the pumpkin spice latte: the blender or the immersion blender and frother method. Let’s start with a traditional blender. You will need to remove the saucepan from the heat and pour it into the blender. Add in the vanilla and brewed coffee. Blend it for 30 seconds or until it becomes frothy. Then immediately pour the hot liquid into a mug. Add some whipped cream and some cinnamon on top as a garnish.
Or you can try out the immersion blender or frother method. Pour in the vanilla to the milk mixture and whisk with the immersion blender or milk frother. Once it’s frothy, pour onto the hot coffee and enjoy!
Can I Make It Over Ice?
Sure! You can prepare the mixture and let it cool for a bit. In the meantime, let the brewed coffee cool down as well. Combine them together and pour over a cup of ice. The ice will melt quickly, so you aren’t going to want to leave it sitting for a long time before drinking.
Another option would be to add all the ingredients along with ice and blend in a blender. This will give you a blended iced coffee texture. Enjoy!
More Tasty Drinks To Try
- DIY Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte
- Instant Sweet and Creamy Vanilla Latte
- Dalgona Whipped Coffee
- How To Make Perfect Ice Coffee At Home With A Keurig
10 minute Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Brew 6 oz of your favorite coffee and set aside.
- Add the milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and pumpkin spice to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat and whisk just until it begins to bubble around the edges.
- Blender method: Remove from heat and pour into a blender along with the vanilla and brewed coffee. Blend for 30 seconds or until frothy. Immediately pour into a mug and top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
- Immersion blender/frother method: Alternatively, this can be done using an emission blender or milk frother. Add the vanilla to the warm milk mixture and whisk with a milk frother or immersion blender (without the coffee) until frothy and pale. Pour onto hot coffee and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.