Soft and fluffy cinnamon rolls are made completely from scratch and are ready in just 45 minutes!
I shared my soft cinnamon rolls recipe a few years back and I’ve been getting so many comments and emails about them so I thought I’d share an even better recipe! This 45 minute cinnamon roll recipe is my go to recipe when making cinnamon rolls because it produces the most softest most fluffiest cinnamon rolls ever. Dare I say even better than Cinnabon! I honestly have not went back to the old 2 hour method since because why wait 2-3 hours when they can be ready in just 45 minutes?!
The secret to getting the dough to rise is to pre-heat your oven to 200F for about 10 minutes, while you’re making the dough. Then roll out dough and spread cinnamon mixture on it, cut it, and place the rolls in a pan. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and place in the pre-heat oven (that has been turned off!!) for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes the rolls will be soft and fluffy. At that point remove the foil or plastic wrap and turn on the oven to 375F and bake for 15 minutes. As you can see below, the most fluffiest cinnamon rolls <3
Top with some glaze, grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!
Quick 45 Minute Cinnamon RollsPrint Rate
- 2 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package instant yeast 1 packet = 2 and 1/4 teaspoons
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk or coffee
- To Make dough: In a large bowl, mix the flour, the sugar, salt, and yeast together until evenly dispersed. Set aside. In a small microwavable bowl, heat the water, milk, and butter together in the microwave until the butter is melted (about 30-45 seconds). Stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture. Add the egg and knead with hand or with stand mixer for 3-4 minutes or until the dough is no longer sticky. Place in a lightly greased bowl and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and turn off after 10 minutes or just before placing rolls in oven.
- To Make Filling: After the dough has rested for 5 minutes, roll it out in a 15x9 inch rectangle. Spread the softened butter on top. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle it all over the dough. Roll up the dough tightly and cut into 9 (large) even piece. Place in a lightly greased 9-inch or square pan (or cut into 12 small pieces and place in a 9x13 pan) and lightly cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
- Place the cinnamon buns in the oven to rise for 20 minutes (with the oven off). After 20 minutes, Keep the buns in the oven (REMOVE THE FOIL OR PLASTIC) and turn on the oven to 375F. Bake the cinnamon rolls for an additional 15-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and top with glaze.
- To make glaze: Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla, and 2 Tablespoons milk together until smooth and lump free. Drizzle over warm rolls.