That’s it, I’m officially a fan of Mexican food! I don’t know if it’s the mixture of cilantro and veggies, the tortillas, or all the gooey cheese, but I’m hooked!
It all started when a new Mexican food cart started appearing in the corner around where I live. I passed by there a few times without paying attention to it; but one day I walked by and smelled the most appetizing taco aroma. I decided to give it a try and that’s it.. I immediately fell in love with it and now I find myself making all types of Mexican food. The flavors are wonderful and most of the recipes are very healthy and are composed of fresh vegetables and sauces.
These burritos are very easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time , refrigerated or frozen for months! I made a batch and put it in the freezer for my husband for work. You can also use leftover chicken , I actually had half a rotisserie chicken left over so I shredded it combined it with the cheese, cilantro and avocados and wrapped them up. Burritos are such a fantastic way to have meals on hand and they can be prepared in minutes.
Quick and Easy Chicken Burritos
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend or mozzarella
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Mix the shredded chicken, cheese, cilantro, and the diced avocados.
- Lay a tortilla flat on a plate and add 1/4 of the mixture, form a roll. repeat the process for all four tortillas.
- pour 1 tablespoon oil into a heated pan or griddle. Place all four tortillas on the pan and cook for 2 minutes on medium- high heat. Flip on the other side and cook for another minutes or until the the burritos are golden in color. Serve warm.
- Burritos can be frozen cooked or uncooked for up to 3 months.
Janie Fallon says
that is whats for supper tonight!
Dr Areeb says
hello, this recipe looks great and i would love to make them ahead and take them to work for lunch, i am curious how the avocado will hold up… will it be all brown if not eaten the first day? and how would you suggest making it for a weeks worth of lunches? thanks
Loved it! Was definitely a one hit wonder. Will definitely be making these again!! Thanks to you and to Pinterest!!
OMG….I tried this recipe and it was a one hit wonder!! My family loved it….well those who could stomach the guacamole. Smile. Thanks to you and to Pinterest! We will definitely have this again!
Cheryl Fulbright says
these were great! How do you reheat them from frozen?
Warm in the microwaves for 1 minute or until warmed through then crisp on the skillet if you want a crispy crust. You can also reheat in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 350F.
mindy ceretto rupp says
simple healthy and delicious…