Quick Meal-prep sausage veggies and quinoa is healthy, flavor-packed and full of color and nutrition. January has officially begun and Meal-prepping seasoning is now upon us. My New Year’s resolution, just like every year, is to eat healthier and lose some weight. Meal-prepping helped me eat healthier and lose a few pounds last year, so this year I’m sticking with meal-prepping.
If you enjoyed my roasted chicken and veggies meal prep recipe, then you’re going to love this sausage and veggie meal prep too. The sausage and veggies are all roasted in one pan for quick prep and clean up. They’re seasoned with olive oil, garlic, and Italian seasoning. As always, you can replace the Italian seasoning with taco seasoning, cajun seasoning or your favorite spice blend.
- Sausage and Veggies
- 16 ounces Smoked Turkey or Chicken Sausage cut into 1'' rounds
- 2 cups sweet potato diced into ½'' cubes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped (any colors you like)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning or taco, Cajun of your favorite spice blend!
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa any variety
- Olive oil optional
- 2 cups water or broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-5 Meal prep containers
- To cook sausage and veggies: Pre-heat oven to 400F. Combine the sausage, veggies, garlic, olive oil, and seasoning in a large baking sheet. Toss veggies with your hands until they are fully combined and coated with olive oil and spices. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- To Make quinoa: Rinse quinoa in a medium saucepan thoroughly with cool water. Add water and salt and bring to a boil.T urn heat down to the lowest setting and cooked covered for 15 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff the quinoa gently with a fork.
- To assemble: Divide quinoa into 4-5 meal prep containers. Top with sausage and veggies. Cover and store in the fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat, microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until steamy.