Hearty, flavorful, and delicious. This healthy slow cooker quinoa chicken Chili is simply done in your crock pot and makes great leftovers!
z January has officially left the building but the cold weather is still lurking around. Last week we had a huge blizzard here in the North-East and schools were closed for a week. This week things are finally back to normal, but the weather is still chilly.
One of my favorite things to make during the winter is chili. It’s a must! We have it at least once a week. After all, what’s better than a nice warm bowl of hearty chili on a cold winter day ????
This slow cooker quinoa chili makes a delicious and easy dinner and if you want to prepare enough to feed a lot of people, the ingredients can easily be doubled or even tripled depending on the size of your slow cooker.
Preparing this recipe is simple. You basically pour all the ingredients into the slow cooker and that’s it. Your done. Set your slow cooker for 6-8 hours and there you go. Delicious chili that’s so flavorful your family won’t ever guess how easy it was to make.
I used RedPack crushed tomatoes in the chili to make it extra special and flavorful. I like to use RedPack canned tomatoes when making chili or stews because the tomatoes are plump and juicy and the color is super bold, which means more flavor and a better appearance!
Redpack is part of a company that has been owned and operated by the same family for four generations. Their premium quality tomatoes come from trusted family farms they’ve been working with for decades. Family owned, Family Farmed.
Plus, Redpack tomatoes are Non-GMO verified as well as having the safest packaging by using non-BPA/BPS lined cans.
- 3 medium chicken breasts frozen or thawed (cook longer if frozen)
- 1 cup of quinoa rinsed
- One 28 oz can RedPack crushed tomatoes
- One 14 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- One 16 oz cans of black beans drained
- One 15 oz can of corn drained
- 3 Cups chicken stock or water
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Optional toppings: avocado sour-cream, tortilla chips, cilantro, jalapeno.
- Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Give them a good mix. Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4-5 on high. You'll know it's done when it's thick and the chicken is soft and tender.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks then return to slow cooker. Mix to combine.
- Top with fresh avocado slices, sour-cream, tortilla chips, cilantro, or your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
This post brought to you by Redpack Tomatoes. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Gimme Delicious.
i made this for a chili contest at work and won! Thank you for the recipe!! I’ve made this before and it’s so hearty and tasty.
Yay, so happy you won! <3
Rose Moore says
I love all the recipes.
I made this tonight and it was a huge hit!
Glad you enjoyed!