Spicy and Crispy Chicken strips dipped in milk and rolled in a spicy flour mixture. This recipe is for my southern food lovers out there, and well.. for me too as well. These spicy chicken strips are so sinful, one you have a piece you can’t get enough!
I used regular Boneless chicken breasts and cut them into strips.
Deep them is about 2 tablespoons of milk
Now we move on to the spices. Oh how much I love spices.. I think it was my middle eastern roots kicking in! The more spices you add the better… Well don’t go overboard lol.
Pour 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour into a bowl and add the spices. Then add 1 teaspoon of pepper, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon paprika, and last but not least 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Deep fry on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
For all of you that are wondering how I made the “holder”. Cut a brown paper bag or parchment paper into a 8×4 inch rectangle and roll it into a cone then place a small piece of tap in the edge to secure it.
Spicy Chicken Strips
- Heat about 2 cups of oil in a pan or pot.
- While the oil is heating, in a small bowl mix the flour and spices.
- Cut the chicken into long strips and dip into the milk and then roll on the spices and place in the oil.
- Deep fry the strips for about 10 minutes until golden brown and crispy then remove form the oil onto a cooling rack.
- Cut a brown bag or parchment paper into a 8x4 inch rectangle and roll it into a cone shape and secure with a small piece of tape. Now place the chicken strips into the cone.