Spicy and Crispy Chicken strips dipped in milk and rolled in a spicy flour mixture. This recipe is for my southern food lovers out there, and well.. for me too as well. These spicy chicken strips are so sinful, one you have a piece you can’t get enough!
I used regular Boneless chicken breasts and cut them into strips.
Deep them is about 2 tablespoons of milk
Now we move on to the spices. Oh how much I love spices.. I think it was my middle eastern roots kicking in! The more spices you add the better… Well don’t go overboard lol.
Pour 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour into a bowl and add the spices. Then add 1 teaspoon of pepper, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon paprika, and last but not least 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Deep fry on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
For all of you that are wondering how I made the “holder”. Cut a brown paper bag or parchment paper into a 8×4 inch rectangle and roll it into a cone then place a small piece of tap in the edge to secure it.
- 1 Boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp milk
- Heat about 2 cups of oil in a pan or pot.
- While the oil is heating, in a small bowl mix the flour and spices.
- Cut the chicken into long strips and dip into the milk and then roll on the spices and place in the oil.
- Deep fry the strips for about 10 minutes until golden brown and crispy then remove form the oil onto a cooling rack.
- Cut a brown bag or parchment paper into a 8x4 inch rectangle and roll it into a cone shape and secure with a small piece of tape. Now place the chicken strips into the cone.
going to make these tonight let you know how they turn out …must look for cayenne pepper
These look incredible. My husband adores spicy food and I bet he would love these, I have got to make these!
My husband loves spicy food as well and he loves spicy chicken strips!
Cayenne pepper what a great ingredient to give the chicken that extra spicy kick!
Oh yes Cayenne Pepper goes a long way!
Lizy @ http://justdipitinchocolate.blogspot.com/ says
oh my this looks fantastic! the pictures are amazing! I need to go get me some strips pronto! Thanks for sharing the goodness!