Combine two of your favorite fruits to make a wholesome baked treat with this Strawberry Banana Bread recipe. It’s easy to prepare this moist and tasty bread that you can enjoy for a snack or quick breakfast!
Homemade Strawberry Banana Bread
Make the perfect dessert bread with this Strawberry Banana Bread recipe. Instead of using a boxed mix, you’ll make this delicious baked treat from scratch using flour, baking soda, vanilla extract, and other key ingredients. You’ll add both sliced strawberries and mashed bananas to incorporate a fruit element into your bread. Once you’ve prepared it, enjoy it as a snack throughout the day or even eat a slice of the bread for breakfast.
How to Make the Strawberry Banana Bread
Set your oven to 350 degrees F and spray a loaf pan with cooking spray while you’re waiting for the oven to get hot.
Chop your strawberries, add them to a bowl, and combine them with flour to coat them.
Set your strawberries off to the side and then combine your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
Grab a separate bowl and begin beating your vanilla, egg, oil, and sour cream together for a minute or two before tossing mashed bananas into the mix.
Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix well. Fold your strawberries into the mixture before pouring it into a loaf pan and adding a few strawberry slices on top.
Bake for 60-65 minutes and then place on a wire rack to cool.
Can I use frozen strawberries in this recipe?
It’s best to use fresh strawberries when preparing this homemade bread. Be sure to rinse your strawberries to wash them and then pat them dry with a clean paper towel before you cut them.
What can I do if I don’t have baking powder?
Baking powder is a key ingredient that helps the bread rise. If you don’t have it, you can substitute it with a combination of baking soda and vinegar or baking soda and lemon juice, both of which will get the job done.
How long will it take to prepare the Strawberry Banana Bread?
Expect to spend about 10 minutes preparing your batter for the bread before pouring it into your loaf pan and placing it in the oven. Once you’ve put it in the oven, the bread will need to cook for about an hour. You can check the center of the bread with a toothpick to make sure it’s fully cooked before you remove it from the oven.
How many servings will I get out of the bread?
You can get anywhere between 10 and 12 slices from this Strawberry Banana Bread. The number of servings depends on how thick your slices are when you’re cutting the bread into different pieces.
Can I add icing on the bread?
If you’d like to add a finishing touch to your Strawberry Banana Bread, you can spread store-bought icing or homemade icing on top of it. Prepare a simple icing with powdered sugar and milk that will make this bread even sweeter.
Strawberry Banana Bread
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour + 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9X5 loaf pan and keep it aside.
- In a bowl with strawberries add 2 tablespoons of flour and coat them well and keep them aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl beat egg, sugar, vanilla extract, sour cream, and oil. Add the mashed bananas.
- Combine the dry and wet mixture until well combined. Fold in the strawberries to the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, add some strawberries on top and bake the bread for 60-65 minutes until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool down for 10 minutes and then invert the loaf pan on a wire rack. Once the bread has cooled completely slice the bread and serve.
wow! just wow! this bread is so delicious. usually i use 3 bananas per loaf but two bananas and the mix of strawberries make it so delicious! absolutely love it, making another tomorrow for my mom! (:
Happy to hear that! <3
Not sure what happened here but I followed the recipe. The strawberries inside were all soggy and the bread sunk in. It also broke while taking out of the pan, which I wasn’t happy about. I used yogurt except for sour cream. What can I do to prevent these issues again?