Thanks In The Raw®, via Mode Media for sponsoring this post! As always, all opinions expressed are my own.
How’s fall treating you? The weather is getting colder, the days are getting shorter and the leaves are officially falling off the trees. As bad as this all might sound, let’s look at the bright side- the holidays are coming up and along with the holidays comes all the baked goods. I guess it’s time to pull out the sweat pants!
This is the time of year we thank god for everything he has blessed us with and celebrate by baking and sharing. Now, if you’re not big on baking I’ve got the perfect recipe for you. These pecan pie bars are just like pecan pie except in a compact form plus, they are so much easier to make and eat! This recipe is a bit healthier than traditional pecan pie because I switched out corn syrup for honey and sugar for Sugar In The Raw® cane sugar.
Remember a few weeks ago when I told you how much I’m loving In The Raw® sugar? I baked these mini caramel apple pie upside down cakes and they were a huge hit! Well I’m still loving this sugar and have been experimenting with it for my holiday baked goods.
I think since we are going to be having sooo many sweets over the next few weeks, it’s a great idea to balance things out and try to bake a little healthier. Sugar In The Raw Organic White® is a much healthier alternative to granulated sugar and is non-GMO certified, USDA certified and Eco-social certified. It’s perfect for cooking and baking and easily blends into any recipe.
So are you ready to get baking? Let’s go! Hope you enjoy these bars as much as we did! 🙂
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup Sugar In The Raw Organic White®
- For topping:
- 1/2 Sugar In The Raw Organic White®
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or evaporated milk, or half/half
- 2 cups chopped pecans or whole pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9-inch pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
- Start off by combining flour, butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes or until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press crust mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased baking pan. Bake 20 minutes or until edges are very light golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling by combining all the honey, butter, sugar, and cream in a medium saucepan. Heat mixture on medium heat and allow to simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and gently stir in pecans.
- After the crust has baked for 20 minutes remove from heat and immediately pour pecan mixture over it. Spread evenly and return to bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until golden. Pick up the bars out of the pan by folding the edges of the foil or parchment paper. Cool and cut into bars. I cut my bars into 9; you can also cut them smaller, into 16 or 18 pieces.
I Do not mean to type capos, but there is something with the App!
My question is: what can i replace the honey in the recipe with besides maple syrup. any sugar substitutes you recommend? I do not like to heat honey beyond room temp.
Momma Baker says
Wow, these bars look amazing and only 10 min to prepare !
Jocelyn (Grandbaby cakes) says
Raw? I bet these are too delicious!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) says
oooooh I love IN THE RAW.! These pecan pie bars look sooooooo comforting and delicious!