Healthy chicken and avocado melts with homemade chipotle sauce make the perfect lunch or anytime meal! If you love melts, sandwiches, or any type of food then you’re going to love these lightened up chipotle chicken and avocado melts! These melts are packed with wholesome ingredients and no cheese thanks to my homemade skinny chipotle and cilantro sauce. The chicken is lightly spiced and pan seared until golden and then topped with fresh avocado and the chipotle sauce. This combo is then sandwiched in between two of the most most wholesome slices of eureka! organic bread and toasted to perfection! The result is a crispy flavorful melt filled with a spicy chipotle sauce and tender chicken that is out of this world! And best of all, it’s lightened up so you can enjoy it without the guilt! As eureka! bread says, “Don’t Be Bland: eating better doesn’t have to be boring/you don’t have to sacrifice taste in order to eat better.”This bread is the true secret to these delicious melts. eureka! is an organic bread that is bursting with rich flavor and tasty goodness. It’s loaded with wholesome ingredients which means no high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors, colors or preservatives and it’s made with sustainable packaging (up to 39% renewable materials) so you’re helping the environment while eating healthy!
Lightened Up Chipotle Chicken and Avocado Melts
- To make the chicken:
- 1 medium chicken breast, sliced in half (butterflied)
- ½ tsp italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp olive oil
- To assemble Melts:
- 4 slices eureka! bread
- 1 tsp olive oil or butter
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 4 tablespoons skinny chipotle sauce
- Season the chicken breast with italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Heat a large heavy-duty skillet to medium high heat for 2 minutes. Pour ½ tablespoon oil into pan and add chicken cook chicken for 4-5 minutes per side or until fully cooked. Remove from pan and rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing.
- To assemble:
- Heat a heavy-duty pan to medium heat. Add olive oil to pan and place two sliced bread in the pan. Top each slice of bread with 2 tablespoons chipotle sauce, ½ sliced avocado, and ½ sliced chicken breast. Top with another slice of bread and toast each side for about 1 minute or until golden. Serve immediately. Dip in more chipotle sauce if desired.
.How will you use your organic bread? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 6/16/16– 6/27/16