Healthy avocado toast is super easy to make and makes the perfect addition to any breakfast or an anytime snack!
Avocado toast had become my new favorite breakfast/snack. It’s healthy, simple, and delicious and best of all, it’s super easy to make and ready in under 5 minutes. In fact, this recipe is so simply we can hardly call it a recipe but I had to share it with you guys because of how good it is!
This recipe is for simple avocado toast but the possibilities are endless. Sometimes we like to zest up the avocado toast and top it with tomatoes, bacon, beans, jalapeno, spinach, salmon, or pretty much anything else!
To begin, simply toast your bread; You can use any kind of toast or sliced bread you have but I like to use crusty bread or whole grain toast. Next, smash an avocado in a small bowl with a fork. Add cilantro, lime, and salt + pepper then spread the mixture on the avocado. Sprinkle with pepper flakes and serve!
If you’re having it for breakfast go ahead and top the avocado with an egg cooked any way you like. Our favorite is a sunny side up but poached, scrambled or even hard-boiled also works well.
Healthy 5 Minute Avocado Toast
- 1 avocado peeled and seeded
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- juice of ½ lime
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 slices whole grain bread ( or bread of choice)
- 2 eggs (fried, scrambled,or poached, optional)
- Toast 2 slices of whole grain in toaster until golden and crispy.
- In a small bowl combine and mash the avocado, cilantro, lime, and salt + pepper to taste. Spread half of the mixture on each slice of toasted bread.
Top with fried, scrambled, or poached egg if desired.
Nutritional Facts without eggs:
nutritional Facts with eggs: