Healthy baked cauliflower bites are made with just 3 ingredients and a few herbs and spices to make the perfect low-carb appetizer or snack. Hey internet friends! Who’s ready for another round of low-carb finger food?! you know that’s my specialty, and I just can’t get enough of this low-carb stuff.
I made these tiny cauliflower cheddar bites yesterday and I devoured the whole batch in minutes. No guilt needed. They are crispy, cheesy, healthy, and just delicious.
They’re made with only 3 main ingredients. The cauliflower, cheddar cheese and an egg. To spice things up, I like to add some herbs and salt + pepper.
Pop them into greased mini muffin pans and bake until golden. The result is tiny bits of low-carb goodness. Freeze or refrigerate the cooked batch and enjoy them at work or as an anytime snack!
3 ingredient Baked Cheddar Cauliflower Bites
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp oregano (optional)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Grease a 24 cup mini muffin tin with oil and set aside (you can also use a 12 cup standard muffin tin).
- Place cauliflower florets in a microwave safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. microwave for 7-8 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. This step can also be achieved on the stove top by blanching cauliflower in hot water for 5 minutes. Be sure to drain well.
- Place steamed cauliflower in a food processor and plus for just a few seconds or until the cauliflower resembles rice. Remove from food processor, place in a clean dishcloth and squeeze to drain as much water as you can out of the cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower in a large bowl, add egg, cheddar cheese, herbs, and salt & pepper. Mix with a spoon until fully combined. Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture into each muffin tin using a cook scoop or by hand.
- bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden and the middle is no longer soft. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes before removing firm pan. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
NotesIf you have muffin pan liners go ahead and use them because they will ensure the cauliflower bites don't stick to the pan.