Sheet pan Roasted Greek chicken and veggies loaded with garlic and herbs. This healthy satisfyoing meal is made all in one pan in under 20 minutes and makes delicious pita sandwiches too! Sheet pan meals have become a staple around here. Every since I posted my very first 15 minute sheet pan chicken and veggies back in May of 2016, it’s gone viral and received over 1 million pins. It has also helped millions of people all over the world get a healthy dinner on the table quickly. It’s also great for meal prepping too!
This Greek twist on my sheet pan chicken and veggies is ridiculously tasty and packed with flavor thanks to the delicious flavors of the mediterranean. To make the marinade, combine salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary, fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic. Pour or brush the mixture over the chicken and veggies and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bell peppers are lightly charred and the chicken is cooked.
Serve the chicken on rice, quinoa, in pita pockets with tzatziki (recipe below) or eat alone with a fork!
Healthy Sheet Pan Greek Chicken & Veggies
- 4 5oz chicken breasts, cut into small cubes (*see note below)
- 2 cups bell peppers any colors, cut into squares or slices
- 1 medium red onion cut into squares or slices
- 1 cup of zucchini broccoli, mushrooms , diced sweet potatoes or plum tomatoes (optional)
- For the marinade:
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Pre-Heat oven to 450F.
Arrange chicken and veggies on a large sheet pan to create a rainbow pattern.
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Brush mixture onto chicken and veggies or toss chicken and veggies in mixture.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are charred and chicken is tender. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve on rice, quinoa, with pita or alone with a fork. See below or tzatziki and pita pouch recipe.
*I use small 5 oz chicken breasts but sometimes it's hard to find small breasts if you shop at a supermarket. If the breasts are big, use two 8-10 oz breasts instead.
- 1 sheet roasted Greek chicken and veggies (recipe above)
- 4 whole wheat pitas[br][br]
- For the tazikiti[/b]
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup cucumber with peel, grated or minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Roast chicken and veggies according to the recipe above.[br][br]
- Whisk all the ingredients for the tzatziki in a small bowl.
- Cut each pita in half. Fill each pita with a good amount of chicken and veggies. Top with fresh tzatziki and serve immediately