Sheet pan Roasted Greek chicken and veggies loaded with garlic and herbs. This healthy satisfyoing meal is made all in one pan in under 20 minutes and makes delicious pita sandwiches too! Sheet pan meals have become a staple around here. Every since I posted my very first 15 minute sheet pan chicken and veggies back in May of 2016, it’s gone viral and received over 1 million pins. It has also helped millions of people all over the world get a healthy dinner on the table quickly. It’s also great for meal prepping too!
This Greek twist on my sheet pan chicken and veggies is ridiculously tasty and packed with flavor thanks to the delicious flavors of the mediterranean. To make the marinade, combine salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary, fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic. Pour or brush the mixture over the chicken and veggies and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bell peppers are lightly charred and the chicken is cooked.
Serve the chicken on rice, quinoa, in pita pockets with tzatziki (recipe below) or eat alone with a fork!
- 4 5oz chicken breasts, cut into small cubes (*see note below)
- 2 cups bell peppers any colors, cut into squares or slices
- 1 medium red onion cut into squares or slices
- 1 cup of zucchini broccoli, mushrooms , diced sweet potatoes or plum tomatoes (optional)
- For the marinade:
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-Heat oven to 450F.
- Arrange chicken and veggies on a large sheet pan to create a rainbow pattern.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Brush mixture onto chicken and veggies or toss chicken and veggies in mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are charred and chicken is tender. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve on rice, quinoa, with pita or alone with a fork. See below or tzatziki and pita pouch recipe.
- 1 sheet roasted Greek chicken and veggies (recipe above)
- 4 whole wheat pitas[br][br]
- For the tazikiti[/b]
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup cucumber with peel, grated or minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Roast chicken and veggies according to the recipe above.[br][br]
- Whisk all the ingredients for the tzatziki in a small bowl.
- Cut each pita in half. Fill each pita with a good amount of chicken and veggies. Top with fresh tzatziki and serve immediately
I have made this dish multiple times for multiple people who all love it. I use whatever veggies I have on hand but follow the tzatziki recipe exactly. I have been told by some people that this is the best tzatziki they have ever had.
Dawn Boleman says
What is the nutrition facts. Calories? Carbs.?
Sharon Buck says
Lyla, here’s what hurts. I cut up all those veggies and make lovely pitas for a healthy supper. but how much sodium? Any Potassium? Fiber? cARBS? cALORIES? iN ORDER TO CLAIM HEALTH, i THINK YOU MUST SHOW US THE NUMBERS!
We are in the process of adding the nutritional data to all of our recipes but it will take time. In the meantime, feel free to plug in the data into myfitnesspal or any other recipe calcaulator.
We are in the process of adding the nutritional data to all of our recipes but it will take time. In the meantime, feel free to plug in the data into myfitnesspal or any other recipe calculator.
I use my fitness pal also but in all seriousness if you look at the ingredients it’s obviously healthy. Use as much or no salt you want. You don’t need any stats to see if a meal is healthy, just an ingredient list.
I just love this recipe! I’ve made iT at least a dozen times. Often i will make this on a sunday and then eat it for lunch through the workweek. My favorite way to eat it is with a trader joe’s mini pita, spread witH a littlE hummuS. I also usually add marinated artichOkes, which roast up really nicely with the Other vegetables. Thanks for sharing it!
This was so good. I cheated. Marinade was frozen TJ garlic And tj Pesto with the lemon and Evoo S&p.
Can you freeze the Tzatziki?
I’ve never tried freezing it!