Extra fudgy & chocolatey brownies made with avocados! These healthy brownies melt in your mouth, and are loaded with nutrients and fiber in every bite!
Prepare Fresh Avocado Brownies
If you love chocolate brownies, you’ll enjoy this recipe for Avocado Brownies. You’re adding mashed avocado that will drastically enhance the texture of this chocolate dessert without taking away from its amazing flavor. You can expect to have moist, gooey, and absolutely delicious brownies to eat and share with loved ones that are good for you!
How to Make the Avocado Brownies
1. Set your oven to 325 degrees and grease your brownie baking pan while you’re waiting for the oven to get hot.
2. Place parchment paper in the brownie pan, set it off to the side, and begin combining all your dry ingredients in one bowl.
3. Grab a separate bowl and beat the eggs before adding white sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla extract into it.
4. Mash your avocados and then add them to the bowl with the wet ingredients.
5. Combine your wet and dry ingredients, mixing well.
6. Fold your chocolate chips into the mixture, pour it into the baking pan, and then bake for a minimum of 50 minutes.
7. Let your brownies cool down for several minutes before slicing into them!
Can I use frozen avocado in this recipe?
If you only have frozen avocado, you can use it. However, you’ll need to let it thaw and then mash it before you combine it with the flour, cocoa powder, and other essential ingredients to make these delicious Avocado Brownies.
Which type of chocolate chips do I need to use?
You can use any type of chocolate chips you can find at the grocery store. If you’d like to make these brownies even more chocolatey, you can use chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chip morsels. If you want to experiment with flavors, you can use white chocolate chips or even peanut butter chocolate chips combined with milk chocolate chips.
How many brownies does this recipe make?
When you bake these Avocado Brownies, you can slice them into nine servings! You can always make the slices bigger or a bit smaller, depending on how many people you’d like to serve.
How long does it take to make the brownies?
You’re going to need about 90 minutes to prepare the brownies. It takes 10 minutes to prepare all the ingredients and then an additional 50 minutes to bake the brownies. However, you may need to leave them in the oven a bit longer. You’ll also need to allow the brownies to cool down for a minimum of 10 minutes before you slice into them, serve them, and enjoy them!
What goes well with the Avocado Brownies?
You can serve your Avocado Brownies with a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream topping, fresh fruit slices, or even a chocolate syrup drizzle. You can even add a caramel syrup drizzle over your brownies. If you’d like to keep it simple, sprinkle a bit of powdered sugar over your brownies before you serve them and enjoy them.
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease a square pan, line it with parchment paper, and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In another bowl beat egg, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and oil. Add the mashed avocados.
- Combine the dry and wet mixture until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips to the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake the bread for 50-60 minutes until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool down for 10 minutes and then invert the pan on a wire rack. Once it has cooled completely slice the brownies to equal squares and serve.