Get ready for this delicious Avocado Caprese Salad. It’s packed with flavor, has ripe avocados, fresh mozzarella cheese, basil leaves, tomatoes, garlic, and an amazing balsamic glaze. Throw the salad together quickly for those busy nights when you don’t feel like cooking.
I love eating salads for lunch several times a week. However, I don’t want a boring salad, I want something with flavor and pizzazz. Thankfully, I have several tasty salads to make that all have lots of flavor and texture.
That’s where my avocado Caprese salad shines. It’s anything but boring, and I am always happy to eat it. Even the kids can’t resist the incredible way it tastes, and it’s texture. It’s packed with light and refreshing ingredients, so it’s impossible not to enjoy it.
The star of this dish is the fresh mozzarella. This is not an ingredient you’ll want to skimp on. I highly suggest getting your hands on the best quality mozzarella you can find. My favorite brand is Galbani Fresh mozzarella. Their products are all-natural with no whiteners or preservatives added and are all crafted in the fior di latte tradition. The result is fresh delicious Mozzarella that tastes like it came straight from Italy!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE AVOCADO CAPRESE SALAD
- Galbani Fresh Mozerella Salad Balls: This salad would be delicious without the fresh mozzarella but, it takes it to a whole new level. It’s creamy and so much better than any other kind of cheese for this recipe. My favorite brand to use Galbani!
- Ripe avocados: I can’t help but smack my lips, thinking about fresh ripe avocados. They are an asset to this salad.
- Tomatoes: You can use grape or cherry tomatoes depending on your preference. Using small tomatoes will give you lots of natural sweetness to the salad too.
- Fresh basil leaves: Nothing is better than fresh basil leaves. They are fragrant and taste good as well.
- Basil pesto: You can’t go wrong with adding fresh basil pesto to the salad.
- Olive oil: We love the texture that olive oil adds to the Caprese salad.
- Minced garlic: Add as much or as little minced garlic to the salad. It’s incredible.
- Balsamic glaze: I will warn you that there is nothing better than homemade balsamic glaze. You are going to want to eat it all the time after you taste it.
- Salt and pepper: Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste. You’ll need to add it to the glaze mixture, and you can add more right before serving as well.
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO CAPRESE SALAD
Salads are easy to make, and this avocado Caprese salad is the same. It’s a quick but flavorful food that is great as a meal starter or light lunch idea.
Start by mixing the Galbani fresh mozzarella salad balls, diced avocado, tomatoes, and fresh basil in a bowl.
In a different small bowl mix the pesto, olive oil, garlic, balsamic glaze, and salt and pepper together.
Add the balsamic dressing mixture to the salad, stir, and enjoy!
How to make Balsamic Reduction
Mix together 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey or sugar in a saucepan. Allow it to boil and reduce for 10-15 minutes then let it cool before adding to the salad.
CAN I MAKE AVOCADO CAPRESE SALAD AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can prepare the salad ahead of time, however, you may notice that the avocados brown up. So, if that becomes an issue, you might want to wait and add the avocados until right before serving. The balsamic reduction will help combat the color change somewhat, but not completely. The salad will last 1-2 days in the fridge.
MORE DROOL-WORTHY SALADS TO ADD TO YOUR MENU
If you love salads as much as I do, you are for sure going to want to try these.
Avocado Caprese Salad
- 8 ounces Galbani Fresh Mozzarella Salad Balls
- 2 ripe avocados (chopped)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze (see notes)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- To a salad bowl, add Galbani fresh mozzarella salad balls, avocado, tomatoes, and fresh basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk pesto, olive oil, garlic, balsamic glaze, and a light sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle salad with balsamic dressing mixture and gently stir to combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper, if needed.