Healthy Corn Tomato Avocado Salad is the perfect summertime dish. Add it to your next cookout spread and watch it disappear faster than you made it.
Hi there! This is Natalya from Momsdish. I love homemade meals that require simple ingredients. That being said, great summer salads should always be quick, easy, and delicious.
I can’t wait to share this simple recipe with you just before the outdoors start heating up and the last thing you will want to do is turn on your oven or stove. My family loves serving this salad with baked chicken legs or baked cod.
The best part of this salad is that it is super wholesome. There’s nothing processed or unhealthy added — just veggies at their absolute best. Let’s eat!
Tips For Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
Here are some of my top tips and tricks for making this summertime salad perfect every time:
- Grill corn for that extra smoky flavor. If you already grilling some meat, why not take this salad to the next level and grill your corn? Using full cobs, give the corn a nice char. Then, using a sharp knife, remove the kernels from the cob and allow them to cool down completely.
- Add some fresh herbs. Cilantro or parsley adds a nice pop of flavor.
- Pick the ripest avocados. You want a smooth, easy bite. Go for the avocados that have a little give with a light squeeze.
- Onions, onions, onions. Use whichever onions you prefer. I am partial to red for this recipe, but yellow or white will work great as well.
- Use your favorite tomatoes. From grape to cherry to heirlooms, there are all kinds of tomatoes that will work great in this recipe. I like to stick to grape or cherry because of their lower water content (think: less soggy!), but so long as you are serving the salad right away, you should be good using heirloom or Roma.
- Whisk your wet ingredients. Whisk your dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over your salad. This will ensure even-coating!
How to Make Corn Tomato Avocado Salad?
This no-fuss salad is super easy to make. Grab a large bowl and follow these step-by-step instructions to nail it every time:
- Prepare your corn (use fresh, frozen, or canned).
- Cut you avocado, corn, and tomato into uniform, bite-sized pieces.
- Dice your onions and combine everything in a large, glass bowl.
- Whisk together oil, lime, and salt in a small bowl. Toss the dressing into the veggies and serve immediately!
Tips for Keeping The Salad Fresh
Avocados are notorious for turning brown super quickly. Here are a couple of pointers on how to keep this salad fresh if you make it ahead of time:
- Drizzle lime juice over the avocado to prevent them from browning
- Only add the dressing right before you plan on serving
- Keep salad covered in an airtight container or with plastic wrap
Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
- 1 cup corn (canned, fresh or frozen)
- 1 large avocado
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/2 medium English cucumber
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt adjsut to taste
- 1 tsp ground black adjust to taste
- If you’re using frozen corn, thaw it out by running it through cool water in a colander. If using canned corn, drain and rinse. Or, if you are grilling your corn, make sure to use a sharp knife to carefully remove the kernels from the cob. Then, let them fully cool to room temperature.
- Cut avocado, cucumber and tomatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Dice onions and combine them with the rest of the chopped produce.
- Whisk the oil, lime juice and salt together in a small bowl. Lightly toss with your veggies and serve.