Quick and easy to make kofta patties are juicy and tender and full of flavor. They work great in sandwiches, salads, or in rice bowls.
Kofta is a staple in Middle Eastern households. It’s just like a burger, except a little healthier and a much more flavorful. Kofta is packed with herbs and spices and baked, pan seared, or grilled to perfection.
These kofta patties are no different. They are packed with delicious herbs and spices and because of their compact form, they work great in sandwiches, on salads or rice bowls. They are also pretty easy to double or triple if you’re feeding a crowd. They can be prepared the night before and refrigerated for up to 2 days before cooking or even frozen for weeks. When needed, just pop a few patties out and bake or pan sear them.
To finish of these yummy kofta patties, top them with tahini sauce (a sesame seed paste), shawarma white sauce, or your favorite sauce. Wrap a few patties in a pita along with some lettuce, tomato. If you’re on a low-carb diet, simply cut up a salad and top the salad with the kofta patties and drizzle with tahini sauce or shawarma sauce!
<span></span>Easy Baked Kofta Patties with Tahini Sauce
- 1 lb ground lamb or beef turkey can also be used, I used lamb
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup grated onion or finely minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Tahini sauce for topping optional
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- <span></span>In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients (except the tahini sauce) with your hands or a wooden spoon, until well blended. Form the mixture into 24 small ball; I like to use an ice-cream scoop to get the exact sizes. Place kofta balls 1 inch apart on an un-greased sheet pan and press to flatten; squeeze as many as you can on the pan because they will shrink as they bake.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the center is done. Place under the broiler for 2 minutes or until lightly charred. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and tahini sauce, in pitas or as a salad. Enjoy!