Make a fresh and healthy salad to eat on the side of some of your favorite entrees. This Brussels Sprouts Salad recipe is good for you, and it is a great way to get your children to eat healthier.
When you are sick of eating all the same vegetables prepared the same way all the time, you need to try this Brussels Sprouts Salad. It is a light and refreshing side that goes well with fish, red meat, chicken, and even turkey. You can eat it as a side dish, but it also works perfectly as a light lunch when you want to have a meal full of nutrients and vitamins that is not too heavy on the stomach. It is an excellent dish to bring to holiday dinners, too
Brussels Sprouts Salad
While children may typically cringe at the thought of eating brussels sprouts, your children will love this recipe. It is far different from the typical vegetable dish because it includes other fresh and exciting ingredients, including chopped apples and pecans. It may become a dish that they start to request from you more often than you would have imagined.
What You’ll Need to Make Brussels Sprouts Salad
You will need several simple ingredients to make the Brussels Sprouts Salad. The following ingredients are must-haves:
- Brussels Sprouts. Without the brussels sprouts, you would not have this tasty salad. Make sure you have half a pound of them ready to use in this salad. You can add more brussels sprouts if you need to make a larger batch of this salad.
- Olive Oil. You will use the olive oil as a marinade for the brussels sprouts.
- Chopped Apple. Putting the chopped apple in the salad gives it a light and refreshingly sweet crunch.
- Chopped Pecans. The chopped pecans offer a great crunch in this salad and taste well with the brussels sprouts.
- Dried Cranberries. Sweeten your salad a bit more by adding some dried cranberries to it. The chewy texture and sweet taste of the dried cranberries are delightful.
Besides these ingredients, make sure you have chopped apricots, salt, garlic cloves, pomegranate arils, and lemon juice.
How to Make the Brussels Sprouts Salad
You should have no problem making the Brussels Sprouts Salad within 15 minutes. You will need to start by slicing your brussels sprouts and adding them to a bowl.
Pour some olive oil and salt on top of the slices, massage it into the brussels sprouts, and then start adding your other chopped ingredients.
Add your vinaigrette to the bowl, toss everything around, and then serve the Brussels Sprouts Salad.
How to Store Your Brussels Sprouts Salad
After creating your Brussels Sprouts Salad, make sure to preserve its freshness by putting in a food storage container. You can use a glass or plastic container, but it needs to have a lid to put on top of it.
Once you have it in the container, add a label to your container that includes the date you made the salad. It should stay good for up to seven days when kept in the refrigerator. If you plan on freezing it for later use, it will remain fresh for up to three months when frozen.
Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Remove the ends of Brussels sprouts and cut lengthwise, thinly slice them and add the shredded Brussels sprouts to a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt and massage the shredded Brussels sprouts for 2 minutes.
- To the same bowl add in the chopped apples, pomegranate, pecans, apricots, and cranberries and mix them.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by combining the ingredients mentioned for dressing in a jar and shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Transfer them to a plate or bowl and serve.