Buffalo chicken salad loaded with romaine lettuce, spinach, carrots, onions, bell peppers, blue cheese and our special homemade buffalo chicken. If there’s a meal I don’t feel guilty eating, it’s a salad. I enjoy salads for lunch but find it crazy to pay $10+ for a salad that I can make at home for a fraction of the price! I love making salads at home because I can customize them and add all my favorite toppings. If I were to price this delicious buffalo chicken salad (which feeds 2 by the way…) I would say it costs under $3 to make! That’s not too shabby for a dinner for two 🙂
I topped this buffalo chicken salad with chopped veggies and our own homemade all-purpose buffalo chicken. I shared the recipe for the buffalo chicken a few days ago but in case you missed it, you can grab the recipe here. You can use either boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts to make the buffalo chicken. It can be pan seared (in a skillet) on the stove top or grill. Either way, it’s always super delicious!
- 1/2 batch of our all-purpose buffalo chicken
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup carrots julienned (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup red onions sliced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper sliced
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing to top
- Begin by cooking the buffalo chicken using this recipe. While the chicken is cooking, chop all the veggies for the salad.
- Once the chicken is cooked, place the romaine lettuce and spinach in the bottom of a large bowl. Top with chicken, carrots, onions, bell peppers, and blue cheese. Drizzle with olive oil & lime and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with ranch or blue cheese, if desired.
Excellent recipes have made this salad over and over we just love it!
Forgot to give it full stars!
sig @ friedsig says
You have a typo – you said “cooing” instead of “cooking” in step one. the chicken looks so beautifully grilled here in your photos!
Thanks for catching that! I’ve updated the post 🙂
Jessica @ Citrus Blossom Bliss says
Buffalo chicken salads are my FAVORITE!! This one looks superb 🙂 I also don’t understand how people can spend $10 on a salad when it’s so much cheaper/usually better to make at home. Thanks for the salad inspiration!