If you love red velvet cake, you’re going to love these red velvet pancakes with Cream Cheese Syrup. They’re light & fluffy and make the perfect valentine’s Day breakfast in under 20 minutes!
I love eating red velvet cakes, bars, cupcakes, you name it! more importantly, I just LOVE pancakes! so this is like the best of both worlds and came just in time for Valentine’s day.
I decided to use what I call ‘cream cheese syrup’ instead of maple syrup because well, cream cheese frosting and red velvet are meant to be together and I hated to separate them during Valentine’s day! the syrup was delicious and super easy to make.
What you Will Need to Make Red Velvet Pancakes
The trick to these red velvet pancakes is to use a red velvet cake mix. You will also need flour, milk, an egg, and butter or oil for greasing the pan.
How to Make Red Velvet Pancakes
To begin making these pancakes whisk the milk and egg until combined then whisk in the cake flour as well as the all-purpose flour.
Next, it’s time to cook the pancakes. Cook the pancakes for about 1 minute per side or until fluffy and cooked through. Be sure to cook on low-medium heat so they don’t over-burn.
The last and final step is to make the cream cheese frosting. To make it, simply whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl until lump-free and creamy.
Drizzle the pancakes with this delicious cream cheese “syrup” ad enjoy!
Pro tip: If you don’t have red velvet cake mix on hand you can use ANY flavor of cake mix!
More Pancakes Recipes to Try
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Almond Flour Banana Pancakes
- Keto Blueberry Pancakes
- Healthy 2 Ingredient Pancakes
Cake Batter Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Syrup
For the Pancakes
- 2 cups red velvet cake mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk or water
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon butter or oil for greasing the pan
Cream Cheese Syrup
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
To make the Pancakes
- Heat skillet on medium heat while you prepare the batter.
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg and milk until well combined. Add the red velvet flour and all-purpose flour at the same time. Beat by hand for 2-3 minutes until the batter is fluffy.
- Brush the pan with oil or butter and pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet, spread out with a spoon if the batter is too thick. Cook until the small bubble (about 1 minute or less) begin to form of the pancake, flip and cook for no more then 1 minute. Make sure to leave the heat on medium/low so the pancakes don’t burn. Keep a close eye on them while cooking.
- Cook pancakes one by one until all are finished.
To Make the Cream Cheese Syrup
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla for 1-2 minutes by hand. Drizzle over pancakes and enjoy!