Prepare these Pumpkin Spice Pancakes for the perfect autumn-inspired breakfast. These pancakes are great to eat by themselves but are also excellent with honey, syrup, or butter.
When it comes to breakfast food, pancakes are on my list of favorites. I love the soft, fluffy texture of pancakes that go well with some of my other favorite breakfast food items, such as bacon and eggs. So, it is no wonder why this recipe for Pumpkin Spice Pancakes is one of my favorites.
I am all about adding pumpkin spice to everything, so why not use it in pancakes to give them that pumpkin pie flavor? If you like pumpkin-flavored everything just like I do, I promise this recipe is just for you.
What You’ll Need to Make Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Gather ingredients from your pantry to create these tasty Pumpkin Spice Pancakes. Some of the essentials for this recipe include:
Canned Pumpkin – If you plan to give your pancakes that authentic pumpkin taste, you need to purchase some canned pumpkin. The brand does not matter, as long as it is a kind that you like.
All-Purpose Flour – You cannot have fluffy pancakes without using flour as the base. You may already have the all-purpose flour on hand to use.
Chopped Pecans – The pecans provide an added crunch, making you feel like you are genuinely biting into a piece of pumpkin pie. They are the perfect addition to the pancakes.
Pumpkin Pie Spice – You need to add the pumpkin pie spice in with your wet and dry ingredients to give your pancakes that slight sweetness.
These ingredients are some of the most important ones to have available. Still, you will also need several other ingredients to make the Pumpkin Spice Pancakes, such as melted butter, eggs, brown sugar, baking soda, and more.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Whether you are a skilled cook in the kitchen or not, it is easy to make these Pumpkin Spice Pancakes from scratch.
After you gather your ingredients, make sure to mix your dry ingredients in one bowl and your wet ingredients in another.
Once you have your dry ingredients blended in one bowl and the wet ones in another, you can put them together to create the batter for your Pumpkin Spice Pancakes.
It should have a thick consistency, but do not mix too much or add water to make the pancake batter runny. You need it to have that thick base.
You can then heat your skillet and add cooking spray or butter before adding pancake batter to the skillet.
Do not put the flame too high, or your pancakes will cook faster on the outside while being undercooked in the center.
Wait until you see bubbles forming on the top of your pancakes before flipping them over to cook on the other side.
How to Store Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Easily store any extra Pumpkin Spice Pancakes in a food storage bag and place them in the fridge. You can put them in the microwave and heat them for about 20-30 seconds to get them warm enough to eat again.
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes
Pumpkin Donuts With Maple Glaze
Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Icing
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 2 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup pecans roughly chopped
- maple syrup to serve
- In a large bowl, come the dry ingredients together flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, melted butter, vanilla, and pumpkin. Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until well combined. The pancake batter will be a little thick, don’t over mix the batter.
- Heat a medium skillet and coat with cooking spray. Using ⅓ cup pour the batter and cook the pancake on a medium flame.
- Once you see the bubbles forming up, flip the pancake to the next side carefully and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a serving plate and top it with pecans and maple syrup.
Leave a Reply