Simple, quick and easy to make. With just 2 ingredients, these pancakes are paleo, gluten-free, dairy free, grain free, and no sugar added. They come together in a few minutes and make the perfect healthy pancakes. One of my New Year’s resolutions is to eat healthier. I make the resolution every year but a few weeks in, I give up. This year, I’m thinking of giving the paleo diet a go. My husband has been on the paleo diet a few months now and he’s always raving about it. He’s always whipping up delicious low-carb paleo recipes and I’m always there to help him eat the dishes ☺️
These 2 ingredients banana pancakes are one of his favorites. We’ve made them a few dozen times in the past year and every time we do, my husband says that he can’t believe it’s just eggs and bananas!
It’s hard to believe, isn’t it? Just an egg and a banana will make these moist and delicious pancakes. They literally take 30 seconds to prep and another minute to cook!
Now, if you’re expecting the classic carb filled pancakes then you will be disappointed. The texture of these pancakes is rather dense and moist unlike regular pancakes. If you’re on a paleo, low carb or trying to lose weight, then you will love these.
Here are some tips to get the perfect result each time you make the pancakes.
- Because there’s no flour in the pancakes, there’s nothing holding the pancakes together so be sure to keep the pancakes small ( I use 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake)
- Be careful when flipping the pancakes, it helps to use a thin spatula.
- Add nuts, chocolate chips or any other toppings after the pancake is on the skillet.
Talking about toppings, feel free to add whatever toppings you wish in the pancakes after you’ve poured the batter into the skillet. We find that nuts and/or chocolate chips go really well in these pancakes. A tablespoon of coco or protein powder is another great option if that’s your thing. If not, these pancakes taste seriously good on their own ????
Healthy 2 Ingredient Pancakes (Paleo, Gluten & Dairy-Free, No Sugar added)Print Rate
- Peel the banana and break it up into several big chunks in a bowl. gently mash the bananas into smaller chunks using a fork. Add the eggs to the mashed bananas and stir with the fork until you have a custard-like consistency. The batter will be runny and should have a few clumps of bananas. (optional: add 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, pinch of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon coco-powder)
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and Melt in about 1/4 teaspoon of butter in the pan. Drop the batter on a hot griddle: Drop roughly 2 tablespoons of batter onto the hot griddle. This would be a good time to add the nuts, chocolate chips or berries if desired.
- Cook for 1 minutes or until the bottoms look browned and golden when you lift a corner.
- Gently flip the pancakes and cook for another minute on the other side.Transfer the cooked pancakes to a serving plate and continue cooking the rest of the batter.
- Serve Pancakes warm; they are best when eaten fresh off the griddle and still warm. Serve with maple syrup, honey, or any extra toppings.