An easy and delicious salad made with grilled chicken, avocados, tomatoes, and a greek yogurt based creamy skinny salad dressing.
Have I ever mentioned how much I love salads? If it weren’t for salads, I seriously would not know where I will be. I usually have a salad for lunch almost every day and I can honestly say they are a huge part of my weight loss.
The thing with salads is that you can add just about anything calorie appropriate and still have a large filling lunch that will satisfy your hunger. I like to use grilled protein on my salad, mostly chicken. Add some greens, tomatoes, avocados, top it with a skinny dressing and call it a lunch! This salad is made with spiced chicken breasts that can be grilled on a grill, pan, or griddle. You can use boneless skin-less chicken thighs or breasts. There’s no need to marinate the chicken because this is a dry spice rub.
To top the off the salad I like to use my special creamy skinny dressing that is made with greek yogurt, lemon or lime, and crushed garlic.
Chicken and Avocado Salad with Skinny Creamy DressingPrint Rate
- For the chicken:
- 2 medium chicken Breast or thighs fillets skinless and boneless
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dry parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes adjust to taste
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt or sour-cream
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- To Assemble: 1 avocado peeled, de-seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- To make chicken: Pre-heat grill or griddle pan to medium/high heat. Rub the chicken breast with the garlic powder, italian seasoning, parsley,salt and pepper. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into pre-heated pan and add chicken. Cook for 7-8 minutes on each side or until the outside is golden and crispy and the inside is tender and done. Rest chicken for at least 5 minutes then slice into cubes or thin slices.
- To make the dressing: Whisk yogurt, garlic and lemon juice until well combined; add salt and pepper to your taste.
- To Assemble: Place chopped romaine lettuce in a big salad bowl or two individual salad plates. Top with sliced chicken, sliced avocado, and halved tomatoes, drizzle with creamy dressing to serve.