Chicken baked in garlic parmesan cream sauce is tender and juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Winner winner chicken dinner. This is what dinner is all about. Roasted chicken in a creamy garlic parmesan sauce. Yes please! Now this is not one of my fitness recipes, but it’s only 485 calories per serving so this recipe is great for cheat night and I promise it’s worth every bite!
This chicken baked in garlic parmesan cream sauce is the ultimate baked chicken dinner. It’s an easy and very tasty way to perk up your mid-week menu. Very creamy and a sure win for garlic lovers. It can be made with thighs or breasts for the white meat lovers. Because this dish is a “one skillet” meal, it’s very easy to prepare and cook. It all begins with browning your favorite cut of chicken in a few tablespoons of butter until golden brown. Then the chicken is removed from the pan and more butter is added along with a ton of garlic then some flour, chicken broth, parmesan and heavy cream and thus the garlic parmesan cream sauce is born <3 everything is mixed together until bubbly which gives you the most fragrant, most delicious garlic cream sauce ever. At this point the chicken is tossed baked into this yummy sauce and baked to perfection.
One pan Baked Chicken with Garlic Parmesan Cream SaucePrint Rate
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken thighs and drumsticks 6-8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, salt & pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium - high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Prep cream sauce in the same skillet.
- To make the garlic parmesan cream sauce: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add italian seasoning and flour. Whisk lightly browned, about 1 minute. Whisk in chicken broth until fully incorporated with flour. Gradually whisk in heavy cream and Parmesan until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken into the skillet, on-top of the parmesan cream sauce. Bake in pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and skin is crispy. Garnish with fresh herbs or parmesan cheese. Serve with rice, veggies, or a salad. Enjoy!
To make the dish healthier, use half & half instead of heavy cream.