Gather your ingredients and get ready to make a comforting Chicken Ramen at home in under 45 minutes.
Packed with noodles, chicken, bok choy, mushrooms, and the classic soft boiled egg and cooked in a fragrant broth, this easy chicken ramen is an elevated version of the chicken ramen we all had growing up!
If you enjoy eating ramen and normally order it from different restaurants, you should try making it at home. Not only can you save money, but you can enjoy the fresh taste of flavorful Easy Chicken Ramen. It is not a difficult dish to make, and it will taste great when you make it from scratch with the right ingredients.
What You’ll Need to Make the Easy Chicken Ramen
Before you get ready to make Easy Chicken Ramen, make sure you have the essential ingredients needed to prepare it, including:
- Chicken Breasts. Grab at least two large boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe.
- Chili Garlic Sauce. Use the chili garlic sauce as a marinade for your chicken to give it more flavor.
- Brown Sugar. The brown sugar adds a touch of sweetness to the chicken and gets tossed with other ingredients to create the marinade.
- Grated Ginger. The grated ginger has a bold flavor that contributes to the taste of the ramen.
- Lite Soy Sauce. Use lite soy sauce for a slightly pungent taste.
- Ramen Noodles. Add any brand of ramen noodles that you can find to this dish.
- Shiitake Mushrooms. Slice your mushrooms into pieces before adding them to the dish.
- Chicken Broth. Use the chicken broth as the base for your ramen.
Additional ingredients needed include oil, ground pepper, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, rice vinegar, salt, bok choy, eggs, spring onions, and sesame seeds. The sesame seeds are optional, but they are the perfect addition to use for garnish.
How to Make Easy Chicken Ramen
The process of preparing Easy Chicken Ramen is quite simple. You will need to create your marinade for the chicken using the chili garlic sauce, oil, brown sugar, pepper, and salt. You can cover the chicken in the marinade and allow it to sit for at least an hour. You can let it marinate for longer than an hour if you want. After your chicken marinades, heat your skillet and begin cooking the marinated chicken breast. It will need to cook for around 14 minutes on the stove. Once it is fully cooked, remove the chicken from the skillet and set it on a cutting board.
You can slice the chicken down into smaller pieces. In the meantime, add four quarts of water to a saucepan and cook your eggs for about eight minutes. Remove the shell from the eggs, cut the soft-boiled eggs into lengthwise pieces, and put them off to the side with your chicken.
You will then need to work on preparing your ramen. Heat a large pot with oil, add garlic and ginger to it, and cook together for two minutes. Toss in your sauces, rice vinegar, broth, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
Toss in your mushrooms and bok choy, cook for another five minutes and then put your ramen noodles into the pot. Cook your noodles for five more minutes.
Begin assembling the dish with the ramen noodles in the broth. Place your chicken and soft-boiled eggs on top of the ramen and veggies.
How to Store the Easy Chicken Ramen
Store your Easy Chicken Ramen in a large food container with a lid. You can keep it refrigerated for up to five days, reheating it in the microwave or on the stovetop when you want to have another bowl of it. You can store your ramen in the freezer for up to three months to save it a bit longer.
Easy Chicken Ramen
For the Chicken Marinade
To make ramen
- 2 tsbp oil
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp lite soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 1 Bok choy
- 2 packs ramen noodles
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a medium bowl add the chicken breasts, combine chili garlic sauce, oil, brown sugar, ground pepper, and salt. Coat the chicken well and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a skillet and cook the marinated chicken breasts for 12-14 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked. Once done remove the chicken to a cutting board and slice and keep it aside.
- Heat about 4qt water on a saucepan and cook the eggs for 7-8 minutes. Remove the shell and cut the soft boiled eggs lengthwise and keep them aside for later use.
- For the ramen; heat a large pot with oil. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Add in the Worcestershire sauce, lite soy sauce, rice vinegar, pepper, salt, and chicken broth and allow to boil.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and bok choy. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add the ramen noodles and cook for 5 more minutes.
- To serve, assemble the ramen noodles along with the broth and veggies. Add the sliced chicken breasts and soft boiled eggs on top. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds and serve.