Let me start off by saying how excited I am to sure these delicious chocolate chip cookie stuffed brownie bars with you today.
These bars are so creative yet so simple and are seriously the best of my two favorite desserts on earth. You no longer have to choose between a brownie or a chocolate chip cookie because you can have it all in one! I mean how can you choose one over the other anyway right?!
These yummy brownies are topped with a layer of my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough recipe, then baked, then it all forms into one super-duper yummy chocolate chip cookie brownie!
You can take several routes with this recipe. Either use store-bought brownie mix or/and chocolate chip cookie mix and follow the directions to mak it that way. Or you can make my favorite cocoa brownies recipe and follow the chocolate chip cookie recipe below.
The recipe calls for 35-40 minutes baking time just to be sure the brownies are cooked through, butttt I’m going to admit I’ve always been an under-baker. I like to remove the brownies from the oven at 30 minutes and keep em nice and gooey. If your pan is glass then it will take the brownies a little longer to bake and 35-40 minutes should be perfect
I topped my brownies with an extra sprinkle of chocolate chips just because I LOVE em. This recipe calls for a 8×8 pan or a 9×9 pan. I would also like to mention since lots of people don’t have the small square pan, for the 3×9 pan double the brownie recipe (or use 2 mixes) and only make one batch of the chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Cut them into 16 small bars because they are very thick and any bigger than that is too much for a serve. As always, feel free to add additional toppings into the batter as well. Have fun and enjoy! 🙂
- 1 stick butter at room temp
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Your favorite brownie mix or click here for my cocoa brownies recipe
- ingredients called for on brownie mix
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream butter and sugars in a Medium mixing bowl. Add vanilla and egg; cream again until smooth. Next stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt with a wooden spoon until full combined. Add chocolate chips. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Prepare brownie batter as directed on the box or pre-pair my cocoa brownies. Pour batter into a 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish. Scatter the pieces of cookie dough randomly over the top of the brownie batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (or 30 minutes for gooey brownies, 35-40 for glass dish). Remove from oven and cool for at least 10 minutes. cut into 16 bite size pieces.