Everything you love about fajitas transformed into the creamiest and tastiest pasta. This spicy pasta makes a great addition to your weeknight routine and is ready in under 20 minutes!
In case you haven’t noticed, we’re obsessed with Mexican food around here. What’s not to love about this spicy flavorful cuisine! We love tacos, burritos, bowls, and fajita so why not make a chicken fajita pasta?
This chicken fajita pasta is packed with all the flavors of chicken fajitas in a creamy pasta form.
The chicken is first cooked in a load of fajita spices (you can use a store-bought packet or a homemade blend) until crispy and tender. Then the bell peppers, onion and garlic is added and cooked just until they soften. Al-dente pasta, half & half and cheddar cheese is then added to finish off this easy to make flavorful pasta. The flavors of fajita along with the cheese and cream make the most zesty insane flavor combo that’s to die for!
Creamy Chicken Fajita PastaPrint Rate
- 8 oz pasta any shape
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small bite size pieces (about 1/2 inch)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fajita seasoning homemade or store bought packet, see note below for recipe
- 2 bell peppers any colors, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 5 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions (al-dente), don't forget to season with salt.
- Heat a large heavy-duty pan or pot to medium/ high heat. Add oil and chicken breast pieces to pan. Sprinkle chicken with fajita seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Add bell peppers, onion, and garlic to pan. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add pasta, half & half and cooked pasta to pan. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and all the flavors are combined.
- Top with fresh minced cilantro, serve immediately.
*To save time, use pre-cut bell peppers which can be found in the freezer isle in most supermarkets.