Creamy cilantro that doubles as a salad dressing and dipping sauce is made with yogurt, sour cream, garlic, jalapeno and lots of cilantro! This magical sauce will become your new favorite sauce and is great for dipping, on salads, tacos, and grilled meats. I always have a bottle of homemade cilantro sauce in the fridge and I use it almost every day on just about anything. It’s been featured a couple of times as a dipping sauce and dressing in a couple of my recipes and I’ve received a ton of requests for the recipe so here it is! This creamy cilantro sauce is EVERYTHING you want from a sauce and much more. If I had to pick one sauce/dressing to use forever this is it, you guys.
It’s super easy to make and lasts a good week in the fridge. It’s versatile and can be used as a dipping sauce for veggies and fries, or as a salad dressing, on tacos or grilled meats, burrito bowls and on just about anything!
To Make Creamy Cilantro Sauce & Dressing You Will Need:
- Greek Yogurt
- Sour Cream
- Olive Oil
- Lemon or lime juice
Making the dressing is as simple as adding all the ingredients to the food processor and blending for 1 minute or until the sauce is chunky and the cilantro and garlic are finely minced. If you would like the sauce super creamy and green, go ahead and blend it until desired Consistency is reached!
How to Store Cilantro Sauce
To store the cilantro sauce/dressing after you’ve made it, transfer into a glass mason jar, dressing bottle, or air-tight container and refrigerate for up to one week in the fridge.
The BEST Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 2 cups cilantro leaves and stems about 1 small bunch
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream can sub with Greek Yogurt
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded optional
- Add all the ingredients to the food processor, season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a dressing bottle or air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Use on salads, tacos, burrito bowls, as a dipping sauce or on rice and grilled meats.