Mozzarella Parmesan Crusted Chicken is juicy, flavorful, and has the perfect crispy topping and an incredible creamy cheesy filling. With a little bit of prep time to allow the chicken to marinate, it’s the perfect weeknight dinner!
My latest obsession is this homemade parmesan-crusted chicken. Pan-seared chicken is always so moist and tender. Then pairing it with the flavors of mozzarella, parmesan, and crunchy breadcrumbs, you just can’t go wrong.
You will need to let the chicken marinate because that’s the step that makes it turn out with a flavorful kick and gives you that satisfying juiciness. So, don’t skip that step because it’s super important.
What You’ll Need To Make Mozzarella Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Chicken Breasts: Use good quality boneless skinless chicken breasts for best results. You could also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs if you would rather. They are both yummy!
- Italian Dressing: I love adding a little bit of Italian dressing to the marinade. It gives the chicken some extra zest.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Giving the chicken a high-quality flavor is easy when you drizzle in a little bit of Worcestershire.
- Seasonings: The combination of seasonings we use for this parmesan crusted chicken is Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Oil: One thing that I enjoy about this dish is that it’s versatile. You can use any kind of oil that you like. We use olive oil a lot!
For the creamy cheese topping:
- Mozzarella: Use some shredded mozzarella. You can buy it prepackaged or shred it yourself, whichever you prefer. It will turn out a little better when you shred it yourself.
- Parmesan: The real star of the show is the shredded parmesan. Its flavor is delightful!
- Ranch Dressing: Any ranch dressing will do! Use your favorite, and you can’t go wrong.
For the crispy crumb topping
- Panko Breadcrumbs: The chicken gets its extra crunchy goodness from the panko. Yum!
- Butter: You’ll need melted butter for the mozzarella parmesan-crusted chicken to turn out perfectly.
How To Make Parmesan Crusted Chicken
When you take that first warm and delightful bite, you will be hit with vibrant flavors, moist chicken, and crispy topping. The best part is how easy it is to make. Let’s get started.
Begin by combining the Italian dressing, Worcestershire, and spices in a large bowl. Whisk set aside. Take the chicken breast and pound them out until they are 1/2 in thick. Place them in the bowl with the marinade. Cover the bowl and put it in the refrigerator for 2 hours or all the way up to 24 hours.
When you’re ready to cook the chicken, heat the oil in a large non-stick pan using medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken breast cook for 6-7 minutes on each side or until it is cooked through.
During the time the chicken is cooking, add the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and ranch dressing to a bowl. Then combine the bread crumbs and butter.
Add the cheese to the top of the chicken evenly. Add the breadcrumb mixture on top of the chicken as well. Then place the chicken on a baking sheet in place in the oven to broil for 3 or 4 minutes. When the cheese is melted and the panko is crunchy it is done.
To store leftover mozzarella parmesan crusted chicken, you will need to keep it in an airtight container. Be sure not to add it to the container until it has cooled down properly. The chicken will last in the refrigerator for up to four days. To reheat, place in the microwave with a paper towel on top.
More Incredible Chicken Recipes
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Baked in Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Creamy Chicken Lasagna
Crispy Mozzarella Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- In a large bowl, whisk the Italian dressing, Worcestershire sauce, and spices. Pound the chicken breasts thin to about 1/2 inch thickness and add them to the bowl. Cover, and marinate for 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan to medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook 6-7 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, in a medium bowl, stir the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and ranch dressing. In a separate small bowl, stir the breadcrumbs and butter.
- Top each chicken breast equally with the cheese mixture and then with the breadcrumb mixture. Transfer to the oven and broil for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted through and the panko is crunchy.
- Mozzarella Parmesan Crusted Chicken is juicy, flavorful, and has the perfect crispy topping. With a little bit of prep time to allow the chicken to marinate it's the perfect weeknight dinner.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.